New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First Blazer/SUV EVER and I FEEL BIG IN IT!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Talking First Blazer/SUV EVER and I FEEL BIG IN IT!!

Got what I hope was a decent..I prefer term great...deal on a 2001 Blazer LS RWD 2dr. I drove a van prior, old but given to me by my late father, but well...I just didnt look "cute" in an old beat up baby hauler LOL I probably shouldnt have gotten the Blazer based solely on the fact its manual 5spd when I am disabled and the hips like to pop out of socket...but when goin to get the title transferred into my name I got "checked out" and knew right then...YEP U DUN GOOD LOL...Now I am paying for getting a stick but on the bright side, worse case scenerio was the hubby has wanted one for a few years so he gets it. So I am just proud to tell all that I went from a baby hauler to a kick butt ride that at 97lbs makes me feel like I am HUGE!!! So is there anything I may need to be aware of on this ride to look out for, mechanical issues that are common or other probs to keep an eye on? And also...I no I got a kewl ride when there is an entire group for owners LIKE ME NOW WOO HOO!!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

haha welcome to the forum. And as of stuff to look for im sure someone will chime in... I would suggest not running it too low on fuel though. the stock fuel pumps dont like that very much.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:34 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site from Ga.
Gotta love those 2dr, 5spd Blazers, mine makes me smile everytime I go through the gears.
Post up some pics of when you get a chance.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Starting Member
Wink I will post pics ASAP

And thanks for the welcoming LOL The ol mans been driving it to work during the day, and ran it under 1/4 of a tank...I told him if he wants to do that then he will have such a nice time of buying and fixing the fuel pump. Since he is my mechanic, and he drives it as well (not to my liking but I gotta share like I tell my kids) then he knows what he screws up HE WILL FIX IMMEDIATELY LOL But we are happier than cooter kin tay with it LOL and of course me getting "checked out" in it is a HUGE bonus LOL

Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

kinda late, but welcome to the show, from Canada.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Starting Member

Better late than never....and been ill lately so will get pics posted ASAP...thx for the welcoming..Im proud to be a chick who gets to say I found and bought it with no permission from the hubby...HA Im a chick who knows enuf bout rides to get what I want LOL and well...at my size that says a lot when my 10 yr old is only 2 shoe sized behind me LOL

Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from North Fla.! I've been dreaming of lifting my 4 dr 2wd and turning it to a 5 speed lol

Old 03-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Starting Member

We just got it so of course other stuff will come in time I am sure, I can only imagine whats goin thru his mind. But he cant lift it too much if ne as I AM disabled and tiny so if I use a step stool it will be for MINE not his LMAO