Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   heating problem (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/heating-problem-106459/)

mommom 04-25-2024 10:58 AM

heating problem

i have a 2002 blazer,4x4,4dr, not getting enought heat on the floor area . i change all the vacuum line hose in the engine area,installed a new blend door actuator insude the glove box,and a nnew HVAC Switch control below the radio,new blower motor ,new blower restitor. Still takes a long,long time to get heat, not very hot, just warm and checked the anti-freeze all is ok. im getting all different kinds of do this ,do that, all the mechanics cant even solve the problem,Im a female who needs the correct answer and stop buying and fixing all these thinfgd, im ready to sell the damm blazer, but my dad gave to me before he died and want to get it back to where it will be a pleasure to keep. .Also, some mechanics say they can t get parts for it, ,but thats bull crap. What does heat have to do with get MOREHEAT INSUDE. oh, the heater core was also replace 2yrs ago. Ibelieve ther is air in the system as i read all the threads, Ok, guys hit me with all your solving answers ,im all ears,please, tks and god bless who answers my problem.......

rockp2 04-25-2024 06:04 PM

Just so I understand is the problem with the heat just at the floor or does it not get hot at the vents or defrost either? If nothing gets hot then there are three likely possibilities:

1. System needs to be burped to get an air bubble out.

2. Thermostat is stuck open and needs to be replaced.

3. System was not properly flushed and a clog has developed.

With the parts you have replaced, either #1 or #2 (or both) would be most likely.

When your truck is fully warmed up and you've been driving around, what is the highest temp shown on your temp gauge while driving?

Let us know if this is a heat issue or a direction of the heat issue.

EDIT: I misread one part of your post, didn't note your heater core was replaced 2 years ago. Thought it was recent. If you are not getting heat anywhere, and you were previously it may be the core is clogged and a back flush could solve it. Especially if it sat for a length of time. When engine is at full operating temperature, feel the two hoses going to the heater core for a noticeable difference in temperature.

mommom 05-10-2024 06:48 PM

hvac problem

ok guys, got heat now, flushed the red and replaced the themostst,problem now is my a/c was charged blowing the cold air ,but not coming threw the top vents. My son droppd the glove box, feels the a/c but i believe some doors are closed, he says possible blend door not opening, that the one on top of the heater box which was replace, i cant believe this because we just did it. Is it possible i got a bad one?? i see on other forms that we were to calibert i, never hear of this or pull the fuse and do this and that, driving me nuts doing all these thing and cant get the correct answer. Please ,somebody,walk me threw all the steps and will start over. tks for any help..

christine_208 05-10-2024 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The attached instructions are from my 1999 service manual at the end of which are instructions for the initialization of the blend-door actuator if you have one of the computer controlled climate systems.

hurleyii 05-12-2024 08:33 AM

Not trying to jack her thread but can I?

Can you install climate control in a non climate control Blazer? If so anything special needed to be done. 2001 4door LS.

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 752953)
The attached instructions are from my 1999 service manual at the end of which are instructions for the initialization of the blend-door actuator if you have one of the computer controlled climate systems.