New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hope to find help in first Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
freddythunder is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hope to find help in first Blazer build

Hello anyone,

I've started a build thread before seeing this area; I think I should have put it here instead... Anyhow my build thread is right here

I have worked on cars for a long time but have never had a "project" vehicle before so this is very exciting to me. I don't know enough to do it, so I'm hoping I can find some help along the way from this forum.

I recently bought a 91 K5 just outside of Phoenix. Looks to be an AZ truck all it's life and has very little rust except for the top of the cab where the sun cooked the paint away (Phoenix) and it got some surface rust. Externally, I'd like to repaint the entire thing olive green and rattle can my own digital camo patterns on the whole thing including the shell and window vinyls for the shell's windows.

I spent $2500 on it; I hope that really was a fair price but prices seem to fluctuate ridiculously on Blazers of all kinds and years. This one starts right up every time so far and when you give it gas - it goes! It's 4x4, 5.7, 3 speed manual, TBI (no completely thrilled), and simple. When I work on the engine, I'm pretty sure I can just sit on the battery in the engine compartment and work on it. Only bad thing is that it probably (unknown milage) has more miles than the space shuttle, but it doesn't really show... yet.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Looking forward to your updates.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freddythunder
...I've started a build thread before seeing this area; I think I should have put it here instead... Anyhow my build thread is right here...
Nope, you did good. This section is just for introductions, so...Welcome to the Forum!