New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 PM
cavscout_blazer is on a distinguished road
Default New guy!!!

SO Im new here. New to blazers... Im a Cavalry Scout in the US ARMY and I love it. I just bouight a 2001 2 door (all black) S-10 Blazer with 4x4 and the AUTO 4x4 feature. Its stock. has 106000 miles on it and has goodyear A/T wranglers on it. I am curious about a lift. I had one priced but I dont think I wnat one now..lol.. Can you guys tell me what the biggest tire I can put on my Blazer without a lift is??? I want at least 31'....But IDK yet. Thanks guys....SCOUTS OUT!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

If you do some reading around you'll find the answer to just about every question you might have. Your question about tire sizes is probably one of the most common. Simple answer is you can fit 30x9.5 under stock height with no issues whatsoever. You can try and squeeze 31's under there. There are several people who claim they have, but honestly you'll run into rubbing issues and you'd be looking at doing some trimming. If you do a $50 shackle and tbar lift for 2" then you can easily fit 31's under it.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Yea. I dont know jack about lifts as far as t-bars and what not. A body lift for 2' is about 500 dollars.....WAAAAY too much for a meesely 2 inches. Im just gonna put a brush guard and some bigger tires. I just dont wana over do it.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You can get 2" of lift for $50. Just get new shackles and crank your tbars. It's free to crank your tbars. Just have a look around the lift tech board and you'll see what I mean.
Also a good 2" BL should only cost you 150-200$. Not sure who quoted you 500, but thats wayyy out there.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

awesome man. I really appreciate it. Ima look into this T-bar and shackles thing. Thanks alot

Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!

Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!
And where's your pics, bro?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

For less than $250 you can have a 2" Body lift (performance accessories) and 2" lift shackles (rear lift only) from ebay, and crank up your t-bar 1.5-2" (NO MORE!). With all that, you can rock 31x10.5's with no issues ever on or off road.

Where are you out of? I'm assuming you are active duty...
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Welcome! If you do a lift and decide to go with larger tires just remeber there will be other issues besides rubbing. Larger tire size will affect acceleration and braking as well as odometer and spedometer miscalibration. Sometimes a regear is necessary along with a brake upgrade. As a rule of thumb a stock vehicle should stick to an increased tire size of I think 6%? Or somthing like that, to be safe. Ask your tire store. They'll have your answere.

Last edited by TomSawyer; 02-24-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Quick Reply: New guy!!!