New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New as of 8/31/09 from Cleveland, OH

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
KrystalGoya is on a distinguished road
Smile New as of 8/31/09 from Cleveland, OH

Hi!

I have a Black 1999 Chevy Blazer 4x4 w/ Goodyear Tracker 2 "all season" tires.

It was "given" (I helped finish pay it off) to me by my mom in 2006.

My current mileage is over 161K and I'm still driving her (I've named it Isabel). I've had quite a few mechanical problems this year but she should be good for the winter, best time to drive her past everybody when it's snowing like crazy!

I do plan on getting a new car next year and am trying to decide what to do with her. I was going to keep her but I could try to see how much $ I can get from her unless I can have my mom buy her off me since she wants it back so bad.

As of yet, she has never been stuck in a situation she couldn't get out of in 4wd: mud, snow and even snow on steep hills.

Anyone have any opinons on what to do with my Blazer when I get a new SUV?

Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from down under.
So why are you getting another suv when you have done the work on Isabel, sounds like she has done you well so far.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome... and if you plan on getting rid of her cheap I might know someone who would buy her....

Old 08-31-2009, 02:11 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from the other Kiwi in New Zealand.

I've also got a '99 Blazer & whilst it gives me trouble, we'll not be parting company anytime soon.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Why am I getting a new SUV? - I want something newer (Certified Pre-owned SUV), better MPG, hopefully less maintenace (at least for now) and easier to get into (mostly, my partner has trouble getting in and out, it also doesn't have stepping rails), so I'll be getting a mini-SUV/CUV.

But yes, she has served me well since 2006 and I'll miss her dearly.

What to do with her - more than likely my mom will be the deciding factor. Even better, if my mom re-takes ownership of Isabel then I will still get to drive her!

My step-dad is a mechanic and has given me free work on her, it's only right that they can have her...thinking about it, it'd be a win win if I give it back to my mom (I will likely still ask for some money being that I helped pay a good amount of the Blazer while she was under my moms ownership).

Thanks again!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!
If you want some extra cash I'd sell the Blazer, although you probably won't get all that much out of her. If not, keep it and turn it into a mud truck or off road only vehicle. They're awesome off road and I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to turn it into a mud truck. That is unless you don't like getting dirty. In which case scratch that idea

Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 PM

To SISK:

When it gets closer to me getting a new vehicle I'll talk to my mom and see if she can give me a good amount of money for her...

I don't mind getting dirty and LOVE driving ATVs, so that could be a possibility too...my mom would "love" that

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Cant imagine selling a blazer :lol: but if you want something newer, I understand that. My dad wants a new car so he doesn't want to have to worry about laoding up money to fix it all the time.

Quick Reply: New as of 8/31/09 from Cleveland, OH