New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to the Blazer forum. com

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Starting Member
pjdupont1 is on a distinguished road
Default new to the Blazer forum. com

Well hello everyone. I joined this as a means to search problem areas I'm due to have now that I have aquired a 1999 2door Chevy Blazer it has sat under a carport for about 4years and I have gotten it to run spending only around 300$
I'm sure I will be needing to replace more parts as the days and usage progress. What better place to use as a resource of info than the Blazer forum where dedicated blazer owners are dedicated and love their blazers. Thank you and God bless
Upon getting my very first blazer with 144k miles on it I did these repairs to it knowing it needed to be done b4 I even tried to crank it.
Number one ... I dropped the gas tank after siphoning the majority of the turpentine smelling gasoline out I had to scrub it thoroughly to get the rust off the inside cleaned it with a pressure washer dried it out and replaced the fuel pump.
Number two.... I replace the inline fuel filter. And blew out the lines.
Number three.... I replace the plugs and wires. I had to remove the steering column to get to the middle plug on the driver side which I didn't figure I'd ever have to do but I did.
Number for.... I replaced the starter.
Number 5.... I replace the serpentine belt The idler pulley and the tensioner pulley. I drained the radiator. Replaced with water for right now. The dextran that came out of the radiator looked brand new. I didn't replace the oil or oil filter yet because the oil looked brand new but I know that it all needs to be changed very soon I had to put penetrant on all four wheels to get them to come a loose from the hubs they were rusted that bad I didn't do anything to the calipers or braking system it worked fine even though the rotors were rusted they are coming back after driving it a little bit. I know that I'm probably going to have some gaskets and seal problems down the road I know I need probably place replace the shocks. The interior is immaculate I'm missing a few vacuum lines that I have no clue where they go to. I've put it in the shop for now because as far as my education goes with the Blazer that's about where it stops. And I wanted to have someone give it a thorough once-over just to let me know that it's going to be okay and I'm not going to blow the engine up. Any thoughts or concerns you may have or any pointers please let me know thank you

Last edited by pjdupont1; 03-12-2020 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:31 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
pjdupont1 is on a distinguished road
Default thanks.

Thank you rriddle3 for the warm welcome...
Wanted to know on my 99 Blazer in the rear there's one on each side is like a shock absorber I'm not sure what it's made out of because the four years that mine setup mine disintegrated all I saw was pieces of it does anyone know where I can buy some replacements????

Old 03-18-2020, 05:55 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Blazerforum.

Best for that question about the parts in the rear is to post a picture in the appropriate forum.
Start in the "Gen Tech Help" section for your model year.