New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum, from Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member
alskanguy is on a distinguished road
Default New to the forum, from Alaska

Hello from Alaska,
I just picked up a 2003 ZR2 blazer with 65,000 miles. I am pretty excited as I have own a couple S series truck in the past and I was pretty happy with them.
I have been looking to see what folks have been doing to there rigs. What I keep seeing and can not find is the manufacturer of the spare tire relocator. If I can't find one I will just cut and weld, but I would prefer something reversible.
Anyway like I said I am new and look forward to check out your rigs.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!

By spare tire relocator, what exactly do you mean? Where is your spare now, and where do you want it?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member

My apologies, I though all ZR2 had the rear door mounted spare tire.
What I was referring to is a simple bolt on " I believe" the will drop the tire down, a little more out of the line of sight through the rear window.
I have heard it mentioned though I have yet to actually see one.
The make them of course for jeeps and every other rear mounted tire and I have heard of the being made for the blazers, but yet like most mods I can not seem to find one.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I figured you had the rear tire carrier. Wasn't sure where you wanted it relocated to; I've never heard of or seen anything to drop it down out of the way, though

Old 02-09-2019, 08:54 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I do not believe that there is a stock tire re-locator. But I have found different people made different ones. One guy, cut and flipped the part that holds the tire. He had to relocate his liscense plate, but he got the full window view preaty much.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran

Seeing out the back is over rated, anyway lol. You got two side mirror, and the tire blocks the yahoo tailgating you with the high beams on!

Old 02-09-2019, 09:28 AM
BF Veteran

That's what I love about it lol... you can see out the corners for the lanes, but who cares about behind you lol. Had some guy tailgate me bad on my last road trip. Scared the living **** out of him when I brake checked. Went from 70-20 preaty fast... was surprised we didnt get hit(was braced for impact). No one else was on the road so there was no reason for riding my ***...

Old 02-09-2019, 09:39 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
That's what I love about it lol... you can see out the corners for the lanes, but who cares about behind you lol. Had some guy tailgate me bad on my last road trip. Scared the living **** out of him when I brake checked. Went from 70-20 preaty fast... was surprised we didnt get hit(was braced for impact). No one else was on the road so there was no reason for riding my ***...
I don't brake check anymore, but in my Cobalt I've been known to go from 5th to 3rd before. Not as sudden as a brake check, but they also don't get the warning of the brake lights lol

Old 02-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
I do not believe that there is a stock tire re-locator. But I have found different people made different ones. One guy, cut and flipped the part that holds the tire. He had to relocate his liscense plate, but he got the full window view preaty much.
Yes, it was a aftermarket part and it from what I read only dropped it about 3 inches. I have seen the guys that cut and welded it lower, then relocated the license plate to the spare swing arm.
I was just hoping to keep my blazer as true to stock as possible seeing it is truly a clean rig.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran

That is a very nice ride. I think if you cut the wheel portion off, then, if your capable, faricate you own support to weld back onto the carrier. Maybe with some nice 2" curved tube.

not sure if your getting what I'm picturing, but then you could drop it as wanted. Plus the tire will cover any modifications, therefore keeping the stock look.

Quick Reply: New to the forum, from Alaska