New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Beginning Member
99blzr is on a distinguished road
Default New Member from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Glad I found this forum...lots of great info and the members seem to have a great comraderie. I am also a member of the forum Oldspower.com. My son (16) and I are putting together his first car- a 1988 G-Body Cutlass Supreme Classic (last year for RWD Cutlass). We have pulled out the under powered 307 and dropped in a rebuilt Rocket 350, rebuilt 200-r4 trans and are currently working on the rear suspension. We have lots more to do but enjoy working on it. In the mean time, we found a good deal on a nice 99 Blazer 4x4 for him to drive so I can have my Silverado back. I wanted an affordable Chevy/GM with a full frame and 4x4 to deal with the snow in Michigan. This is my second Blazer- 1st was a 91 4x4 that I never should've sold. We are currently dealing with 2 issues that are bigger than "bugs" but not deal breakers. The first is luke warm heat. We flushed the radiator today including the heater core and it seems a little better but still isn't where it should be. I think I need to back flush through the heater core to cure. The other issue is a pesky 4x4 issue. We can shift into 4x4 auto or 4Hi but eventually the "Svc 4x4" light appears on the dash and we can't shift back to 2Hi. I can turn off the vehicle, start it right back up and shift back to 2Hi but only after powering down. We are reviewing threads and following advice to figure this out...thx to all for the threads and feedback.
We would love to put a small lift (2 inch) on the Blazer to give it a little more attitude- especially since the front shocks need to be replaced anyway. Any feed back on pros/cons are welcomed. My concern is added stress on the the drive trane due to the lift (u-joints, front half shafts, etc). I want something that looks nice but isn't going to require constant addtional maintenance. We will try to post pictures soon...especially if we make changes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the west coast of New Zealand.
Any pics of your sons new ride & your build?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

welcome from pa, merry late x-mas ans very happy new year!!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome from NH

Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum

Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Florida! I hope you can find the info you need here. We have plenty of knowledgeable members on this forum.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Quick Reply: New Member from Kalamazoo, Michigan