New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from MI

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
biniecki is on a distinguished road
Default New from MI

Hi everyone. My name is Brandon and I just purchased a used blazer last night for my winter vehicle. The blazer is a '96 4x4 w/ the vortec engine. The engine was recently rebuilt and only has 600 miles on it. The transmission was recently swapped out as well and has around 70k on it. The body has around 160k on it but only 2 small rust holes near the rear wheels on the rockers. I paid $1300 for it and it only needs tires and a battery. I will be registering and switching everything over this afternoon. Any ideas on a personalized plate?

My other vehicle is a 2006 Cobalt LS that has about 5 grand worth of work done to it and it doesnt fair well in the winter.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

WntrRid? How many letters are we working with? What state? What are your plans with her? What is your style plate wise?

MyPlate GetBent MyRide SukIt BackOff IluvSno WTF?
what are you looking for?

give us something....

Welcome to the Forum BTW

Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran

SnoWrek! SnoPlow! MyPlow! NoBraks! BlakIce! I'm not good at this....

CntStop! NoStuds! CntDriv! Seiously, no one else is going to play? It's a $1300 throw away winter truck...

Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Well i like the snow ideas. They didnt come to mind. My ideas involved the word blazer in them. Stuff like BLAZEON, BLAZEUP, BLAZEIT, IMBLAZD, BLAZEME, 96BLAZR, VORTEC#. I plan on keeping it for awhile. Its really nice especially for the price. I will post pics up later this weekend. I plan on doing before and after cleaning her up. Probably won't get the tires this weekend tho.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran

Ah! A winter truck AND a ride you like... I like the way you work...

SnoDwn, SnowdIn, SnoDozr

Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

hey, welcome from grand rapids. Where in MI are you from?

Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biniecki
Well i like the snow ideas. They didnt come to mind. My ideas involved the word blazer in them. Stuff like BLAZEON, BLAZEUP, BLAZEIT, IMBLAZD, BLAZEME, 96BLAZR, VORTEC#. I plan on keeping it for awhile. Its really nice especially for the price. I will post pics up later this weekend. I plan on doing before and after cleaning her up. Probably won't get the tires this weekend tho.
welcome to the show brother. i wouldn't be going with that one (can you imagine how many cops would luv to give you a road side sobriety test with that pl8? congrats on the buy, sounds like a great deal. hopefully any warrenty on the engine was transferable.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
WntrRid? WHow many letters are we working with? what state? What are your plans with her? What is your style plate wise?

what are you looking for?

give us something....
i don't understand why people don't list their location inthier psot info. it would help out for many things. parts, helping hand, where to find a local deal.............the list could go on, and on.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:23 PM

I ended up just getting a standard plate. It cost me $126 for tax, title, and registration and didnt feel the need to fork out another $30 for a vanity plate.

The engine doesn't have a warranty. The previous owner is an engine technician so he did all the work himself.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:20 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

those apartments look familiar. Are they off of 4mi by alpine.

Quick Reply: New from MI