New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from MI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:31 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

About those vanity plates. I greee. I think they're over rated. Here we pay a minimum of 350 bucks for one. The more descriptive/meaningful - the price moves rapidly up the price scale.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 AM
biniecki is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
those apartments look familiar. Are they off of 4mi by alpine.
Nope. I am in Newport. They are near Newport rd and I75

Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by biniecki
Nope. I am in Newport. They are near Newport rd and I75
oh, they look just like the one my buddy use to live in

Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

Old 11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the west coast of New Zealand.
Sweet looking ride, are you going to put some better rims & rubber on her?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:37 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biniecki
I ended up just getting a standard plate. It cost me $126 for tax, title, and registration and didnt feel the need to fork out another $30 for a vanity plate.

The engine doesn't have a warranty. The previous owner is an engine technician so he did all the work himself.
not bad lookingfor a Winter beater.

$30 isn't bad for custom pl8s, it's a minimum of $238 (one time charge) for our personalized ones here in Ontario.

ummm.........an engine tech, eh.....no warrenty either......hopefully it's a non-issue.

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Welcome from New Zealand.

About those vanity plates. I greee. I think they're over rated. Here we pay a minimum of 350 bucks for one. The more descriptive/meaningful - the price moves rapidly up the price scale.
HOLY S**T! i thought ours were bad. even for a personalized pl8, with a logo (extra still on top of the "personalized" charge) it's not that pricey.
and if you really want to get "creative", they nail you even harder? that's nuts!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:54 AM

I just put some other tires on it yesterday. I had a cougar that is non running that had similar size tires. My friends dad has a tire machine so I went over there and swapped out the dryrotted ones for the ones off the cougar. As for new rims, this is a winter truck so I am not worried about it. The most I will probably do is sand them down and put some paint on them.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Beginning Member
Beverly Stayart is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum
i have a feeling that youll become attached to this truck and it will become a DD lol

Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
ummm.........an engine tech, eh.....no warrenty either......hopefully it's a non-issue.
Private sellers almost never give warranties during sales of used vehicles. Everything here is usually AS IS sales. The only time you may get a warranty is if it is a preowned certified car from a dealership or work was done by a big company that allows it to be transferable to any owner

Originally Posted by stevo
welcome to the forum
i have a feeling that youll become attached to this truck and it will become a DD lol
you are probably right. I have been driving it around all weekend. I also cleaned the interior this weekend and fixed some minor things. However I do still love my cobalt so they will probably get = drive time except for the winter.

Last edited by biniecki; 11-01-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: New from MI