New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from OHIO

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road
Default New from OHIO

Hey everyone! What's good? What's bad? What might even be in the middle? My names Josh, I just turned 26 on the 11th and I just purchased my FIRST, yes FIRST blazer which is a 1997 Chevy Blazer. I bought it on friday and was driving it on saturday, tearing it down and rebuilding it on sunday. Would of drove it friday but the license place was clased before i had the title in hand. Named him the Juggalo Mobile

First thing(s) I did to J.M. was I replaced the calipers and brake pads. Mainly since they were shot to hell in a hand basket that was falling apart. The passenger caliper was rattling around like a rattler in the woods when I drove it and was knocking off the floor pan. The brakes were pretty much non-existant. After I got into the tear down of the calipers I was able to see that whoever had the Blazer before me was a RETARD or at least didn't give 2 diarrhea ****s about it. The calipers were both shot since the pins were all loosey goosey in there and just shifting around and bouncing all over the place. Noticed that the heat shield on the passenger side was missing which resulted int he ABS wire becoming chewed and ripped to hell. So thats something im looking into fixing when I can.

Second thing I did after the calipers, same day was replace the temp sensor since it had a problem starting when it was not warmed up. Now he starts and runs with no problems. Sorta. After I did that, I went and got a new set of tires since the 31x15s or whatever the hell they were that was on it, were shredded and it's a miracle i didn't hear one or more of them explode on me. Now I have the semi-normal size on there 235-75-15. it calls for a 235-70-15 but I couldn't afford 300+ for new tires so I went to see my brother's buddy John who just so happen to have a set of 235-75-15's that he had just got. I think my speedo might still be off by a few miles though.

Today I threw a radio in there-Sony Xplode-since the factory radio was really becoming ****ty and pissing me off. The cd player in the factory didn't work so I was forced to listen to the regular radiop and i don't know bout you folks but I can only take the same song once per hour, not repeatedly. Tomorrow i'm going be doing the plugs, wires, distributer or and rotor and then watch as it gains more power since i'm guessing that the plugs and such on it now haven't ever been changed.

Once all that is done, ima look into getting a new tank maybe. I think mine is leaking, but im not entirely sold on that yet since when I first filled it up, i over filled it (wasn't paying attention) then some leaked out the top of the tank. But I can smell the gas, which I'm thinking could be normal since the frame under the tank was pretty much soaked in it (from when it leaked out) so i'ma take it to a carwash first and if it still smells like gas after that, then ima get a new tank, sending unit, etc.

I do have a question though, that someone may or may not know the answer to. Would it be a good idea to take it pretty much across country? Pretty much from Warren, Ohio to Cave-In Rock, Illinois? Oh and while im thinking bout it, since it's a 4x4, what speed should I be going before I throw it into 4-lo and 4-hi? I asked my brother-he said i can be going any speed to throw it into 4-hi but he doesn't know if i can do that with 4-lo or not.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

welcome to the forum

Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome...

Manual for the 98 says be going about 2-5 mph before switching...
Be in any gear for hi
and be in N for lo

Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome

Old 07-15-2010, 03:01 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Awesome. Thanks I didn't get around to reading my manual yet. I should probably do that soon. Ive already looked through and seen some pics of blazers. I have to start uploading my pics, when I get around to getting them off my brother. Im a video guy, so i have more videos of the truck then pics, so ill have to upload them to youtube and post the link to them. So what sort of exhaust system should i go with when I do that?

My plan of attack goes as such:
Exhaust
K&N CAI
Struts/Shocks (they aint bad yet but id rather get them done before they do go bad)
Polyurathane bushings all around, including body mounts.

Last edited by Senshi09; 07-15-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

lol well after reading all that..i forgot what i was gonna say..except welcom form your neighbor...(1 of us) from the state east of you :P...and yah...changing gears in my 97 says the same...2-5 into hi, or stop n throw it into N for lo gears

Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome from a fellow ohioan . . . even in the same city imagine that lol

Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

WElcome from Pennsylvania

Quick Reply: New from OHIO