Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   seat removal question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/seat-removal-question-34693/)

joespear 09-14-2009 10:22 AM

seat removal question

hi all, i'm new here but have had my 02 4dr 2wd ls for 3 years. i work at car dealership and have access to a nice set of leather seats from a 2000 lt. removal seemed easy until i tried to take out the torx nut...it wouldn't budge. any advice? also, any one know if auto a/c control will work? thanks for the help, free leather will be sweet thanks to cash for clunkers,

foxxie 09-15-2009 02:08 AM

Welcome! from the west coast of New Zealand.
Any pics?

kiwiblazer 09-15-2009 04:27 AM

And the East coast. The better side!

okvortec 09-15-2009 09:35 AM

Welcome

Sisk 09-15-2009 11:07 AM

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

svd85 09-15-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by joespear (Post 245544)
hi all, i'm new here but have had my 02 4dr 2wd ls for 3 years. i work at car dealership and have access to a nice set of leather seats from a 2000 lt. removal seemed easy until i tried to take out the torx nut...it wouldn't budge. any advice? also, any one know if auto a/c control will work? thanks for the help, free leather will be sweet thanks to cash for clunkers,

Hi... I used an air gun drill and the torx nut came out eventualy. It was impossible to do by hand. When i replaced it, i greased it a little so now it comes out easier. Just make sure you use the right bit.

joespear 09-21-2009 10:05 PM

hi, thanks for the warm welcome. Finally got the seats swapped! They are sweet. I now have a LS/LT with asc power roof. I started with 50 torx, broke 1 bit by hand, 3 more with a air gun. Yes, used a lot of blaster, lol. Ended up with blu-mol cobalt drill bits, broke one of those in the passenger side flush. Was able to drill thru drivers side, had to take an angle grinder to passenger side. Broke a total of 5 torx bits and 4 cobalt drill bits. A real nightmare, but worth it in the end. The new seats were out of a 2000 LT with 85k on it, pewter(gm's term) in color. Old seats were charcoal LS, drivers side recliner broke like everyone else here,foam shot. I now have power, lumbar, and memory on drivers side. Everything was plug and play, but had to fish under the carpet on the passenger side for the wiring harness. Ill throw some pics up when i get a chance. Sorry, no pics of the seat swap misadventure.

NVANZEE 09-21-2009 10:11 PM

I wish they would "let" us take part from the clunkers at the dealer I work at.

pmpnu2 09-23-2009 02:33 AM

welcome to the forum. i too had fun taking those out. noot quit as much as you but it was still an adventure. i finally broke them loose by hand and i think i bust a blood vessel or 2 in my forehead doing it!! lol im glad you got yours out tho...

TomSawyer 09-23-2009 08:26 PM

Welcome.