Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://blazerforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-11/)
-   -   curiousity on a supercharger (https://blazerforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-11/curiousity-supercharger-6788/)

aris_unlimited 11-22-2006 02:45 AM

curiousity on a supercharger

I have been looking at a supercharger on summitracing and I have a few questions about it.

PowerDyne PWA-K10525-101 - SummitRacing.com

Does this have all the parts I would need? Will the stock engine internals, and stock drivetrain be strong enough to use this? Are there any other parts that would be suggested to use alongside this for durability (other than internal engine, tranny, drivetrain mods)?

Car is a 2000 Blazer LT 4X4 4.3L automatic with push button 4WD. 75K miles, no mods so far

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link

cherryred4x4 11-25-2006 12:19 AM

RE: curiousity on a supercharger

It looks like a complete kit, even has the step by step instructions.

The stock drivetrain should be fine with 7psi, that seems to be the most that any of the kits are designed to put out on stock blazers. They test these a lot before it actually goes to production. You'll probably want to switch to a synthetic blend or full synthetic oil, and the kit probably requires the use of higher octane fuel to prevent detonation.

aris_unlimited 11-28-2006 09:28 PM

Well I am already using Quaker state SUV synthetic blend oil so that will not be a big deal. And I regularly fill up with 87-88 octane (like the manual says I should) so I would just boost that up to 92 octane I guess. Thanks for the help.

timetoblaze 11-29-2006 12:18 AM

its kind of an expensive system for just 7psi... i dont really think its that cost effective towards hp gain.. but you might see it dif. you could always get a new sc pulley to up the boost but you would probably need to some interenal work to go along with it

mikeywaynebygod 12-07-2006 09:45 AM

man, for that much money, you could drop a 350 in it and call it a day. or at least i would.

cherryred4x4 12-07-2006 07:24 PM

a supercharger kit is a lot easier to install than a 350. supercharger, headers, cat-back exhaust, B&M shift kit would make a pretty quick V6 Blazer

you also have the option of a turbo kit if you like the sweet whirl of a turbo Mach Performance Turbo Kit

swartlkk 12-07-2006 08:10 PM

But you have to look at the prices involved here. The mach kits are $6000 for the intercooled turbo setup and $4400 for the ATI ProCharger kit... The Powerdyne kit is $2400. That's a HUGE chunk of change.

cherryred4x4 12-07-2006 09:39 PM

oh, WOW, I didn't realize the price on the turbo kit, I was just mentioning it. The Powerdyne is definitely the most affordable

aris_unlimited 12-08-2006 03:03 AM

yeah but the mach kits also come with an intercooler and fmu. While I would like an intercooler and fmu, I do not think that it is worth an extra $2000. Besides aren't there shops that can reprogram the stock ecu, so that it will work with the supercharger I want?

mikeywaynebygod 12-08-2006 10:17 AM

well yeah. i guess you could go that route. why not get a programmer though?