Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://blazerforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-11/)
-   -   Going turbo- (https://blazerforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-11/going-turbo-3726/)

02 Vortech 05-29-2006 12:29 AM

Going turbo-

well i like nitrous and the 4.3L loves it but i want power all the time. im changing to a single 60-1 T4 turbo good for 550+ hp (turbonetics). 38mm w/g, Turbosmart BOV, OBX 25x9x3 intercooler.

as far as the fuel system goes. Walbro intank fuel pump, SDEFI extra injector controller w/ 2x 42lbs Bosch injectors supplying enough fuel for over 350whp which is my goal.

i only have the turbo right now. i am debating on selling the nitrous in order to get some money, but then i will be w/ out power for a long time- i love nitrous but if i can make more hp safer on the boost im gonna do it. + it will give you guys some enticment once i hit the 300whp. i am gonna do a long right up and take alot of pictures- it total should come out to about $1700- only have costs for parts @ $1500 but i threw in an extra $200 for misc crap. im doing all the fabrication my self.

It will be a 2.5" custom y-pipe run straight to the turbo. its an STS "style" the turbo will be alot closer to the engine than sts kits. run back up to the intercooler which i hope will be mounted in the front grill. or i might mount it underneath like the machperformance turbo kits. then up to the bonnet with a custom bonnet hat and the two injector approx 10 inches from the TB- i will later on get a cfm-tech bored TB but i will wait considering its another $300.

should start prefabbing bye the end of the summer

goal is- 350whp and 400ft.lbs

jagblazer01 05-29-2006 06:26 PM

RE: Going turbo-

so your going to fabricate your own turbo manifold?

m00nwater 05-30-2006 09:23 AM

Nice...I can't wait to see your write ups. Maybe by then we'll have our how to section and you can put it in there.

swartlkk 05-30-2006 10:15 AM

That is going to be awesome!

Are you going to be doing anything in the block? or atleast a different upper intake plenum? I do not know if the stock plastic upper intake plenum can handle all that much pressure... From what I understand, the newer 4.3L (2004-05) have an all aluminum intake setup that still uses a compatible injection setup, but I have never seen one.

The reason why I ask about the bottom end is because I don't know how well an 9.5:1 compression ratio will take to higher boost levels. A set of lower compression pistons (8.5:1 to 9.0:1) would do much better under boost conditions.

Do you have some place already in mind to tune the PCM? Are you staying with the stock PCM or going with an aftermarket FMU with different injection system?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, but I am very interested in your project! Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress (with pics!)!!!

SniperX13 06-02-2006 10:56 PM

wow, seems like a very monumental undertaking. I too look forward to seeing this, hopefully, I can use some of the tips on my engine, since they just a tad bit different :)

02 Vortech 06-04-2006 02:37 PM

its actually gonna be an STS style turbo set-up. today im taking the whole front of the truck apart to get measurment it hard becasue i got a full time job, and school starts up in about two months. im having a hard time with turbo selection right now. im going sts because trtt turbos did a custom sts turbo on a blazer and @ 3.8 psi made 210whp and 270ft.lbs., that was on STOCK everything. NOthing else done to the truck.

i will be running methanol for some time with a vortech FMU and walbro intank fuel pump and AEM wideband. having a hard time deciding where to put the intercooled, either under the truck back next to the driveshaft with an e-fan on top, or on the front undereath the truck...... i will be running the piping under the the top of driver side fender its gonna be clsoe but i can fit a 3" pipe in there after soem measurments where taken. I am trying to do this so everyon can do a set-up like this. im on a budget, my money for this project is $1300 including turbo/intercooler/wastegate/oil pump and everything. looking for 300whp @ 10psi now which will be much safer and should put me around 400ft.lbs, then i will be throwing a 2800 to 3000 stall torque converter and an eaton posi with 3.73's and see if can hit low low low 13's. also gonna get a pcm for less base tune and then get a dynotune-

btw this is on stock bottom end/cam/valve train/ heads. i will have 1.6rr's put in but i really need some valve springs so i can run the rpms up higher- as for the bottom end a guy with a procharger set-up has hit 400whp and 400ft.lbs totally stock bottom end so i think my goals are very doable and not out of reach.

got to get back to removing the fenders :) keep yall updated

o yeah- for the fuel injection i will converting a 2114 intake manifold to a mpfi set-up with 60lbs injectors on it so i can run as much boost as i want. but that far in the future as well as a 270ah custom grind cam, nice head work, cryo'd crank and new pistons.

VRDriver4l 06-04-2006 10:28 PM

Thats some awsome **** right there! Gotta love the boosted blazer. And damn that is pretty cheap for the hole set up, is this all from companies or do you have some connection on parts? Either way good luck and hope you get it purrin like a kitten!

02 Vortech 06-05-2006 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: VRDriver4l

Thats some awsome **** right there! Gotta love the boosted blazer. And damn that is pretty cheap for the hole set up, is this all from companies or do you have some connection on parts? Either way good luck and hope you get it purrin like a kitten!

no im using a used t3/t4 50-trim turbo- $250
intercooler / BOV / piping / couplers / fmu / fuel pump - EBAY :)
tial wastegate $200
doing everything myself is gonna be the big money saver-

getting a tune from hellsbent over on s10forum for a base tune then getting dyno tuned

VRDriver4l 06-05-2006 11:48 PM

Roger that, can't wait to see the finished product!!

jagblazer01 06-06-2006 12:49 AM

u gonna be running an aftermarket ecu? maybe like an aem or something