Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   1994 jimmy straight axle (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/1994-jimmy-straight-axle-74563/)

muddog89 10-17-2012 07:21 AM

1994 jimmy straight axle

ok ive been reading on here all about the straight axle for my jimmy. i want to lift it but i dont want a monster lift since its my dd. i have an idea of wat i want to do but very lil time and money if anyone has any sugestions pls fill free to help me out, plus pictures are welcomed i do better with pics than word thanks.

skotti 10-17-2012 11:29 AM

Whats your idea?

and whats lil time and no money?

rexmburns 10-17-2012 11:51 AM

^x2^ if you don't have the time and money to spend on doing it right leave it the way it is. It doesn't sound like you have ever done anything like a SAS before so you are looking at alot of time and its certainly not cheap to do it either. Sure you could take the time to find cheap axles and other components failry cheap but your still looking at probably a min of $1k. Spend some time reading on here and other forums (s10forum has an entire section devoted to these swaps) and see what is really involved in doing this.

Also do you have a full size or s10 jimmy?

muddog89 10-17-2012 01:38 PM

well im wanting to run 33/12.5 but i want the tight look, its not that i dont have the time i have the weekends and mornings off, i have a buddy he builds custom jeeps so i have parts, im just curious about how to set up the front leaf springs iv looked at the pics from a couple different pages on here and lots of good ideas, im wanting it to drive and ride good is my biggest concern

skotti 10-17-2012 02:11 PM

no one builds custom jeeps, they have aftermarket support, everything is given to them to bolt on...lol.

what axles will you be running?

Carrico4 10-17-2012 07:00 PM

to drive and ride good really just depends on the leafs that you use. I'm approx 2500$ in my swap and still have more to go *however i have not added and subtracted what ive sold/bought* You havent stated what axles you'll use either. If it is DD i would just go simple spring under with some wagoneer 47'' springs on a dana 30 axle. for 33s thats easy and dana 30s are everywhere. Also what skotti said, few people build custom jeeps, all their kits are bolt on unless they are four linking the front and rear, rollcage etc.
Also i have about 6months into my build with 45-50hrs of work, school, and I have many bills like the rest of the people here. I suggest highly to read all the builds over at s10 forum.

muddog89 10-18-2012 07:25 AM

wen i say custom he does all vehicles, im wanting to run D44. im going this weekend to look for axles, and wen it comes to the trans cross member does anyone got pics on how to customize it? ill keep the D30 in mind wat can i find the 30s in?

rexmburns 10-18-2012 07:40 AM

Again doing more research and reading will net you your answers! Its not that we don't want to help you but no one likes to repeat what is already available to you with a quick search. We even said where to find more info about this than you will ever need. There is also a sticky over there with a pretty large list of axles people are using and what they came on originally including the d44 and d30:)

muddog89 10-18-2012 08:04 AM

ok ty ive been to the s10 forum i couldnt find the sas discussion but i did c the axle discussion

rexmburns 10-18-2012 08:08 AM

Click here!!