Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

High siding and bottoming out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road
Default High siding and bottoming out...

Hey everyone, so I went to my normal spot last night with a few buddies and their jeeps.

There is are a few spots with deep ruts which I got stuck in. All 4 wheels off the ground and resting on the frame; I tried to avoid it but I just ended up slipping into them.

There is also a large sand hill which has a steep climb on it. I tried going up that and got high sided, the frame resting on the peak with both wheels off the ground...this happened twice (yeah I really thought going faster would make it work haha).

Anyways, I'm justing wondering how bad this is for the truck? On the second try of the hill my ABS light went off, but after going through a puddle it cleared so I'm guessing it just got dirty. It looks like the frame protects the essential components, unlike a unibody jeep (a peak at that place ripped my buddies exhaust off his Cherokee).

Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

How bad depends on WHAT was holding the blazer up. If it was the transfer case or trans - NOT good. Off roading has a lot to do with what you're going to or able to invest in repairs. That being said having a spotter or walking the trail a bit is always good. Jumping in blind both feet 1st... well lets just hope you have a friend along that can tow you out or home lol. <---- personal experience there!

PLUS & I'm surprised nobody has said this yet:
This thread is worthless without pics!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

With a full frame like the Blazer's have, I wouldn't be to worried about causing too much damage from resting on the frame. Just as long as it's only the frame it's resting on lol. Just don't purposely try to slam it onto the frame, repeatedly doing may start to cause issues. As for the ABS light, take it up to and AutoZone or similar store and get it scanned. The code should still be saved in the system, at least that's how the check engine lights work.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Starting Member

thanks for the responses! I didn't get any photos of the blazer being stuck. I do have a video of my friends jeeps going over the same hill I got highsided on though. Mind you the hill has been torn up a lot more since this video, I use to make it over this hill no problem...

MobileMe Gallery

Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Wow that place looks like a lot of fun. It's a shame you're over an hour away, I want to go play! lol

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Starting Member

Yeah if you look at my other Off roading pics they are all from this spot. It is pretty far west even for me

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

ive set my truck on the frame a few times nothing seems to have been hurt i just done like the sound/feeling lol

and as for the ABS i thought every ones was on =p mine is, they just dont work right

Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

James is on the frame alot and has many scars on the skid plates. and worst comes to worst if the abs light is on it wont work.

Pics of said frame resting

Back in aug of 2010

A few times up this hill

april '10
YouTube - &#x202a;Jimmy High centered&#x202c;&rlm;