Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   31 Gallon Oversized fuel tank (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/31-gallon-oversized-fuel-tank-83878/)

uhlhazard 01-14-2014 05:26 PM

31 Gallon Oversized fuel tank

Hey guys, on a whim I contacted a company called sunsetmetalfab about an oversized fuel tank for our platform.

Surprisingly I got a quick response:

Hello,

Part number CBR-3 is a 31 gallon replacement tank for the S-10 Blazer and S-15 Jimmy, model years 1983-1993. If that is a tank you would be interested I can check and see if we have one available. It is not a tank that has been built in quite a while as we haven't had any requests.

Best,

Chuck
Personally I hate going to the gas station so a tank this size would be pretty friggin awesome. That and how poorly baffled it is even at 1/4 tank high speed cornering or acceleration can cause the fuel pump to lose prime.

For me I have to keep her above 1/2 when doing any offroading otherwise any steep incline/declines might stall me out.

What do you guys think? I haven't got any pricing or dimensions but I requested both.

I post this in off-roading because I couldn't find a suitable forum otherwise.

Might be a good excuse to stop patching those old rusty tanks!

abig84 01-15-2014 09:04 PM

the bigger the better. only downfall i can see is if its taller its going to hang down lower which may cause more problems off road. also will your same sending unit work with this tank, again if its lower that might be a issue.

. my daily driver has a 34 gallon tank, even with the v8 i dont drive much it gets gas maybe once a month. also had a suburban with a 40 gallon tank. 20 bucks barely moved the needle.

cleburne red 01-15-2014 11:35 PM

I would love an oversized tank, but mine is a '95. I bet they aren't cheap, either!

okiedoak20 01-16-2014 08:17 PM

hey dont forget us Gen2 guys

uhlhazard 01-17-2014 01:10 AM

Got a reply back pretty quickly.. Yes expensive.

The overall dimensions of the tank are 21" x 31 1/2" x 15" deep. I do not have one already built but can do it as a build to order for $100 above retail price, which is $660 plus shipping. If you have anyone else interested in the tank I can set up and run multiple parts, bringing the price back down. Three tanks would bring it back down to retail price.

Have a nice day!

Chuck
I asked about going a little taller as I have a 1' body lift so an extra hundie for that. So 560 for a 31 gallon. I wish I had some extra work because despite the price, I think it would make an awesome upgrade. Checking the measurements for myself now.

His email is sunsetmetalfab97064 at g mail dot com (doing a courtesy anti-spam email address) for you 2nd gen guys. I posted this on syty.net and it would appear that unless you have a syty noone is friendly over there.

uhlhazard 01-17-2014 05:44 PM

Looks like she will hang down about 3 inches lower than factory. That is not acceptable and will dramatically reduce departure angles.

That is too bad. I suppose I'll just build a fuel can mount on the bumper.

cleburne red 01-17-2014 09:30 PM

Dang that's expensive!! And sucks about it hanging that far down. These trucks have such little ground clearance, anyway.