Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   4x4 actuator mod (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/4x4-actuator-mod-80664/)

slcblazer 07-25-2013 10:28 AM

4x4 actuator mod

I have seen a couple people on here who have done the mod of removing the vacuum line for the 4x4 acuator and installing a push cable. Those who have done it, is it worth it or is it too much of a pain to instal?
I am thinking mine has a leak or something because the lights are out but not sure if its worth it to just fix it or do the mod.

input??

Jamaroon 07-25-2013 11:59 AM

The lights on the 4x4 switch are out? The switch controls the transfer case, the push/pull cable would only be to ensure that the front diff engaged and has nothing to do with engaging the transfer case. You would still need to fix whatever is wrong with your switch so you know if you are in 4wd or not.

slcblazer 07-25-2013 01:59 PM

Yeah they are all dark. I put it into 4x4 auto and went over a small mound then some time around then they all went out. Truck runs fine so I assumed it jsut stopped engaging? Maybe check something else?

Jamaroon 07-26-2013 09:51 AM

First I'd say check the fuse, then try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery for 30 min. Next would be to check for corrosion and clean the connections going into the TCCM. If none of that worked I think the next step is replace the switch.

slcblazer 07-26-2013 10:13 AM

hmmm. Checked the fuse and TCCm (the grey box behind the kick plate passenger side) and all was normal. Guess maybe the switch is bad?

Jamaroon 07-26-2013 12:13 PM

Try disconnecting the battery just because it's easy and doesn't cost anything to do, but yeah, sounds like replacing the switch is your next step.

FYI: I'm just being a parrot here, this is stuff I've read in other threads of people having similar problems. I myself haven't had this problem so no first hand experience of what will fix it.

slcblazer 07-26-2013 12:21 PM

I will try that, I tried searching it up but could never find anything. Everyone has the issue with it not enaging or the lights blinking or having the 4x4 SES light. I dont have any of that and couldnt find anyone who has

cleburne red 07-27-2013 02:11 PM

You can replace the bulbs in the switch. They sell them at auto zone. I had to replace both the 4hi and low bulbs in mine. I don't know if this would cause the whole system to not work, but it's free to at least check the bulbs with an ohm meter.

slcblazer 07-27-2013 03:12 PM

Yeah I just dropped it off at my mechanic and asked him to find out while I am in Cali on vacation. Hope all is well

slcblazer 08-03-2013 02:41 PM

Update to this, I decided not to take it to a mechanic cause I am determined to fix this issue.
I pulled the 4wd switch and cleaned the connectors, then pulled the TCCM and cleaned the little bit of corrosion as well as the little switch located on the firewall. Checked all fuses and still nothing.
Same symptoms, all lights on the dash switch are out, doesnt even blink, no SES light, no noises from the TCCM or actuator.
Any ideas?