Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   96 Blazer Mudd Tires (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/96-blazer-mudd-tires-47228/)

TylerNormand 07-26-2010 08:54 PM

96 Blazer Mudd Tires

What Size Tires Would Be Best On A 96 Blazer 35 Or 38? Its Got A Stock Lift To. What Size Lift Would I Need For 38's?:icon_speaker1::icon_speaker1::icon_speaker1: :icon_speaker1:

m3ch 07-26-2010 11:16 PM

2" fits about 31's i do beilve, u can fit 30x9.5 on stock hieght

old skool luvr 07-27-2010 12:45 AM

you want to fit 35's or 38's on a S-series Blazer?
never gonna happen unless you go SAS.

nj4x4blaze has 6" SL & 2" BL, and he's running 33's.

why you wanna go so big? (please don't give a lame reason)

Sisk 07-27-2010 06:58 AM

x2 on what Chris just said. No way you're fitting 35's or 38's on an S series truck without a SERIOUS amount of work (ie turing it into a monster truck...to the point where it's not even a Blazer anymore). You can just squeeze 31's in there with 2" of lift. There are a couple of people on the forum that have 33's with 9" of lift, and they still had to trim.
Who gave you the idea you could go so big?

Also, please be sure to read all board descriptions. This should have been posted in the lift tech or tire board.

nj4x4blaze 07-27-2010 07:05 AM

You can fit 34's with a 6" lift and 2" body lift, 2" shackles and tbar crank. But you still have to hack away at your fenders. You can fit 35's and 38's with the lift above but you have to remove the front fenders, ditch the hood and remove the rear bumper corners and hack away at the rear fender corners until the rubbing stops.

TylerNormand 07-27-2010 12:45 PM

Im Just New To The Off Road Stuff. I Just Want A Lift And Tires That Will Make Heads Turn. And i Want A Cheap Way Of Doing It.I Mean 35's Would be Good.

TylerNormand 07-27-2010 12:47 PM

I Also Want A Big Enough Lift That I Dont Get Mudd In The Cab. It Sits To low To Do Anything Right Now. I Wanna Play In Ponds Not Ditches.

nj4x4blaze 07-27-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TylerNormand (Post 349241)
Im Just New To The Off Road Stuff. I Just Want A Lift And Tires That Will Make Heads Turn. And i Want A Cheap Way Of Doing It.I Mean 35's Would be Good.

Cheap? You gotta pay to play. Doing things the correct way is not cheap. Lift kits range from 1800 - 2100.00 plus gears, body lift, wheels, tires, trans cooler and ect. Another option is solid axle swap, but that's a lot of work and either yourself or a shop has to know what parts you need to do this swap. Solid axle swap is not a weekend install, this takes time, measuring and adjusting before the truck runs fine. You mention you wanna play in ponds, well you can but your interior is still going to get wet. If you want something with a 12" plus high lift, i suggest you ditch the blazer and purchase a full size truck.

Sisk 07-27-2010 01:42 PM

I hate to say it, but Dave is completely right (he speaks from experience). You better be ready to fork out an easy 5000$ for a lift that will allow you to fit 33's (you can forget about 35's and just get that idea out of your head right away).
That's not even including tires. Plan for another 1500-2000$ on tires alone. I'd budget anywhere from 7000-10,000$. Is it out of your price range yet? lol..cause it's definitely out of mine..otherwise I'd be riding high right now.

Sorry man, but you bought the wrong truck if you want that big a tire. There are plenty of members that play in puddles on a regular basis. It's not impossible, but it sounds like you have no idea the shear amount of $$ time and work involved in doing this kind of build.

I agree with Dave's suggestion and go full size if you want a serious offroader, but by the sounds of it you don't have a lot of cash flow. It's not a great sport to get into if you don't have the money to float it. You need serious amounts of cash just to build your rig, then you need the cash to be able to replace everything you break (and be damn sure you will break stuff).

Also, please don't double post. Use the "edit" feature if you have something else to add to your post. Double posting is against the forum rules.

BlazerGuy2001 07-27-2010 03:31 PM

just so you guys know its been done a friend of mine has a s10 that he performed a SAS on and is running 44's....it is an insane truck...just thought id share