Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

4wheeling in the sand

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 07:19 PM
quontush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4wheeling in the sand

Just got back from a trip to the outerbanks, did some sand driving and a little bit of water... third to last water hole it sucked in water and stalled, so we had to take out all the plugs and fluch the water out, there was quite a bit of water in the engine, but we got it working well, i'll need to get new plugs and i got a new air filter already, but it was a lot of fun, see the pictures in the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/d32/quontush/?sc=2

Old 01-02-2006, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4wheeling in the sand

Nice pics.
Time for a snorkle, eh?

Looks like you had alot of fun.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:53 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in north carolina, where on the outer banks were you?? Were you down around ocracoke or did you go further north.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:01 PM
quontush is an unknown quantity at this point

i was in corolla

Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point

Been down around the outerbanks a few times myself, always love it when we take a 4-wheel drive and do a little wheelin in the sand. It's definitely a change from the mud and rocks.

Looks like you had lots of fun, even if you got things a little wet. I'm Jealous, I'm just stuck in boring ol Kentucky for now.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:22 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG! Are you kidding me? Sell your truck. I'm serious. I have lived in NC all my life and have been driving on the beach since I was old enough to reach the pedals standing up and the one thing any local knows is you don't combine anything you care about and salt water. If anyone else thinks about driving on the beach I firmly suggest you always stay above the high tide mark and wash your truck immediately after taking it even in dry sand. There is salt in the sand, so even rain water that collects in those puddles is salty and if you get in pure ocean water forget it. There's plenty of folk around who have a spare truck just to drive on the beach and even they won't take it in the water.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, salt water can do horrible things to a vehicle. Hell, even the salt air is enough!

Old 01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Try living in Southern Ontario in the winter salty road capital of the world

Old 01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never lived in Ontario but I did live in Ohio for a winter and I get around the states quite a bit and I can assure you that salt from the beach is far worse. Not to mention that sand gets in everything and grinds away at stuff. Splashing in it is just asking for trouble. I'd rather give Magnus Samuelsson 3 good swings under my hood with a sledgehammer than splash through salt water.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

they use salt up there moonie? I find they only use sand the great UP...too cold er something for salt...actualy I think they just use it in the city...everything else is sand

Quick Reply: 4wheeling in the sand