Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Best Off Road Tires For Stock Height (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/best-off-road-tires-stock-height-67496/)

95offroadhopeful 01-30-2012 06:39 PM

Best Off Road Tires For Stock Height

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and the Blazer in general so please forgive my ignorance, but I have a question for you who are more knowledgeable then I.

What would be the best off-road/multipurpose tire for a four door stock height 95 LT? (all I currently have are street tires...:icon_frown:) Any info would be welcomed.

duxtoyz 01-30-2012 06:49 PM

depends on ur price range and what u exactly want. for an all purpose tire, yokohama geolander tires r good and decent priced, or a toyo all terrain.....they both r good for snow, mud, rain, road and gravel. plus u get great milage out of them and not the knarly road noise of a mudder. these r a start.

95offroadhopeful 01-30-2012 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info. Was wondering what I could get for a reasonable price. I don't intend on trashing the Blazer on extreme off road trails, just want to get where I want to go in one piece. :icon_bricks:

duxtoyz 01-30-2012 07:04 PM

then id go with the yokohamas, they are inexpensive and good tread design for all around driving, plus sum great milage.

Park 01-30-2012 08:15 PM

I had 30X9.5 General Grabber AT2s on my stock 94 4dr 2wd when I had it. I had no problems getting any where. I had no noticble road noise and great braking in heavy rain.

Little Roober 01-30-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Park (Post 493856)
I had 30X9.5 General Grabber AT2s on my stock 94 4dr 2wd when I had it. I had no problems getting any where. I had no noticble road noise and great braking in heavy rain.

I have the AT2's also. Great tire in all conditions I've come across.

Rottidog 01-30-2012 09:17 PM

Little more money & there are BFG KM2's - awsome all around tire! Really good off road, a little noise but that lets you know you have a semi aggresive tire. Really good road manners in cornering, braking, wet, icy, snow etc & good wear rating. About avg mileage as well.
Goodyear Wranglers again are a bit more but from what I've heard from people that they are a very good tire although they may wear a bit fast.
Another Goodyear is the one you can get at Wallyworld only, I think it's the Territory. They have many praises from people on Blazer Forum.

My BFG KM mudders are awsome offroad, in mud, snow, crawling rocks with edges etc. They look aggressive as all hell & I pay for that with mileage, noise (which I don't mind lol) & they absolutely suck on ice - gotta love 4wd!

blaz 01-30-2012 09:31 PM

Goodyear territories are canadian tire specific tire and are good at everything but not great at anything. I have had them for 60 000kms and still about half tread remains. If you are in the US, then goodyear authorities are close. Like rottidog said these are availible @ walmart. Good Luck

Rottidog 01-30-2012 09:54 PM

Yeah the US brand Authority are what I meant. Thanks blaz

AJBert 01-30-2012 09:58 PM

Take a look at Cooper ST's. A good all around tire at a decent price. Comparable to BFG KO's but a bit less in price.