Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   first time offroading 98 chevy blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/first-time-offroading-98-chevy-blazer-6038/)

walkingtall 10-16-2006 09:16 AM

first time offroading 98 chevy blazer

hello I am going to be taking my 98 4 door chevy blazer offroading, can anyone tell me what there ability is, you know how they handle off roading it is stock I was really just wondering if they are any good for 4wheeling

tommyd 10-16-2006 07:06 PM

RE: first time offroading 98 chevy blazer

only one way to find out is run the crap out of it. I can tell you first hand that they can take alot of abuse. I know I beat the crap out of mine on the trail. I don't TRY to break it but I surre try to push the limits of the stock truck.

a_tack 10-16-2006 10:22 PM

I have taken 3 vehicles off roading. I have a 2003 Silverado Z71, a 1982 Jeep J-10 Pickup, and my 2001 blazer 4-door..... The jeep will take a pounding off road and is virtually unstopable (it has solid front and rear locking diff's), however it is too wide.... the silverado has the power (and a rear locking diff...) but I HATE IT off of the pavement..... the blazer (limited slip rear diff..) is by far my favorite... I tackle anything from four-wheeler trails through the woods, to 24 inches of kentucky clay. . . It is an extremely capable off road vehicle.... just remeber, its very top heavy.... have fun and be safe......

BTW.. don't be afraid to get it stuck.... thats what your tow hooks are for....haha

user 1016 10-17-2006 01:02 AM

if you search the off roading forum..you can find about a million answers to your questions....your question has been asked before....

4lowlife 10-17-2006 02:06 AM

The open diffs are my only qualm.

Remember, foot off of the gas before you engage 4wd. Then mash the pedal. You want the drive shafts spinning the same speed when the 4wd is engaging.

Hanr3 10-17-2006 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: 4lowlife

Remember, foot off of the gas before you engage 4wd. Then mash the pedal. You want the drive shafts spinning the same speed when the 4wd is engaging.

Yep, thats the best way to break something.

Bring a tow strap, a friend whit his own 4x4, and go play.

tommyd 10-17-2006 08:30 AM

Don't go over bumps or rough terrain really fast. You just bottom the suspension out and hit your head on the ceiling. (This can be caused from going 50MPH on a sand trail coming over a hill to realize there is 2 foot waves every 5 feet locking up the anti lock and bashing your skull several times on the roof. It looks padded but trust me it hurts)

DetroitMuscle 10-17-2006 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: tommyd

Don't go over bumps or rough terrain really fast. You just bottom the suspension out and hit your head on the ceiling. (This can be caused from going 50MPH on a sand trail coming over a hill to realize there is 2 foot waves every 5 feet locking up the anti lock and bashing your skull several times on the roof. It looks padded but trust me it hurts)

NICE! rofl.

user 1016 10-17-2006 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: tommyd

ahhhh ha ha ha ha haha!!!! ha ha ah aha!!!! ha ha ha ah ahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!! oh my god I am dying!!!! wow!!! not to mention smashing your rear differential all to pieces.....however I have never banged my head up against the ceiling....however I do not recomend trying to surf in the back of a pick up truck....specialy when it's going over a jump......sooner or later you smash your knee into the window....yeauch!!

Hanr3 10-17-2006 11:57 PM

Thats what seat belts are for. To keep your tushy in the seat while you launch the truck. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]