Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   A good use of 4LO (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/good-use-4lo-72671/)

Toby Hanson 07-31-2012 03:57 AM

A good use of 4LO

Today (well, yesterday by the time I post this) my friend Alex and my nephew Cody took a trip around the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in my '93 Jimmy. Seeing Mt. St. Helens was fun; I remember when it blew. The most fun of the day was when we headed over toward Mt. Adams and drove down FS 5601. The roads up there aren't marked well and we were heading for another road but somehow got off on this one. It turned out to be a blast to drive down! The road was narrow, steep, and rough. I wasn't even sure it was a road when I started driving it. About 500 feet down the trail I decided to put it in 4LO and take it VERY slowly and carefully which was a good idea. Alex shot some video with his camera:

Days like today make all the work I've done on that truck worth it. We all had a blast!

CraigSnedeker 07-31-2012 10:44 AM

Looks fun!

El_Beautor 08-01-2012 09:00 AM

Looks like a fun trail. When I saw you are from Washington I spent the whole time watching the video waiting for a Saskwatch to step out of the trees onto the road in front of you. It just looked like the perfect place for a sighting. Beautiful country.

Toby Hanson 08-02-2012 01:07 AM

It was an absolutely beautiful trail. Everything we saw was just spectacular. Mt. St. Helens was stark and majestic as usual. Mt. Adams was also gorgeous.

Finding the trail was a happy accident. I was looking for a different road but since the Forest Service roads are not well marked we ended up on that trail and it was so much fun!

In other news, the fuel pump in the '93 Jimmy died today near home. I was very happy that it did not happen on Monday while we were out in the mountains!

95redblazerelectrwhiz 09-09-2012 02:31 AM

Just out of curiosity does running in 4LO that long raise your chance of ruining something in your transfer case or tranny? i have never had to run in 4LO ever only to see if it works properly in the winter time. 4HI has always done the job for me. It just seems like running it at that high rpm and torque for an extended period of time would ruin something when it very well may not. Once again just out of curiosity here.

Logan 09-09-2012 09:43 AM

I run all may long weekend in 4low. No issues. Just dont drive over 40km/h I believe...

97cherryblazer 09-09-2012 12:23 PM

That looked like fun. If i remember correctly, Naches Pass trail is somewhere around there as well which would be another really fun one to go on.

duxtoyz 09-09-2012 02:02 PM

ya, me and 97cherryblazer are headn up to tahuya this thurs the 13th if u wanna meet us up there. wel b there until sat.

Blazer_LT 09-10-2012 12:53 AM

wait yall are coming out to my neck of the woods when i dont have a wheeler. that is messed up , maybe ill steal the lil ttr 90 and follow yall around abit

duxtoyz 09-10-2012 09:53 AM

that would be cool with us. what happened to ur wheeler?