Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Im new, but I still went offroading. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/im-new-but-i-still-went-offroading-36582/)

CBlazer99 11-03-2009 08:24 PM

Im new, but I still went offroading.

In cinci, there is this place called the gardens and to the left there are two fields for cultivation, and to the right, trails with mud ruds 1-2 ft deep plenty of wet mud, and a good hour of fun. My friend and i went right, of course and hit up these trails with my 99 blazer with 30k miles and his 99 ranger with 80k miles. BTW mines 4wd his is 2wd. We get about a quarter of the way through when we hit the DEEP mud/water filled ruts and he decided to park in the trail and hop in so he didnt get too stuck. I proceeded into the ruts and started going at a good 3-5mph keeping the throttle pinned at a small angle so i wouldnt get stuck. These ruts were deep enough to the point where i would be dragging along and mud was flying all over my silver stallion. Overall it was a great time, and unexpectedly i didnt get stuck... The blazer handled MUCH better then i expected and i was very impressed with the tourque. I had to push my friend out then tow him for a bit.... Even in 2wd these cars handle well off road. Anyway, just post your thoughts.

Nathan1991 11-03-2009 10:36 PM

sounds like fun, Im a new owner so i havent had too much chance to go off roading
but I have got into some deep mud and some fairly deep snow and i was also impressed, even in 2wd

RolingKCBlazer 11-03-2009 10:55 PM

pics??

old skool luvr 11-03-2009 11:28 PM

welcome to the show.

Originally Posted by CBlazer99 (Post 260661)
Even in 2wd these cars handle well off road. Anyway, just post your thoughts.

i know you're new here and all, but these are trucks, not cars. :icon_wink:

glad to see you learned that all the fuel Blazer's consume, go to a good use. enjoy your off-road palying better, and always play with a friend, 'cause one day you'll think, "my truck can handle that". then you're sitting there with your doors buried half way up in glue goin', "what happened to the trail. almost been there myself (i had the horse shoe from a Clydesdale up my ass that day!).

check out this thread by Logan, and check out the 5 pic's of what his truck went through, near the bottom of the first post on page 2, and you'll see why i say this. that puddle the Jeep is sitting in doesn't look long enough to be that deep-but it obviously is!

wlorton 11-03-2009 11:36 PM

99 with 30k? wow... and good luck and welcome

ABN31B 11-04-2009 12:55 AM

:icon_worthless:
i guess i'll be "that guy" this time :p
Welcome, new guy or not, off roading shots are always a plus :D

CBlazer99 11-04-2009 07:15 AM

i might go today again, so if i do i will take mass pictures and a video or two

Logan 11-04-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 260758)
welcome to the show.

i know you're new here and all, but these are trucks, not cars. :icon_wink:

that puddle the Jeep is sitting in doesn't look long enough to be that deep-but it obviously is!

No one has ever got through that puddle the jeep was stuck in... And the rigs big enough to get through it, are too big to get to it...lol...

Sisk 11-04-2009 10:21 AM

Welcome to the forum from Canada.
Being new and all you need to learn the #1 rule. If you don't have pics, it didn't happen :). Off roading stories should never come without some pics.