Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   It's coming soon! I miss the snow, you? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/its-coming-soon-i-miss-snow-you-35419/)

jeffs91S10blazer 10-03-2009 02:12 PM

It's coming soon! I miss the snow, you?

I live in Coeur D' Alene, Idaho. It's about 30 minutes from Spokane, WA.
For the past 6 years I've lived here, the winters have been insane. Every year is always way worse than the last for some reason.

I think last year we got about a total of 130 inches of snow. Enough for our state/county or whatever to declare a state of emergency.
At winter time last year I worked from 11pm, till 7am. Late enough in the evening to have fresh, un-plowed snow. Then coming home from work was early enough to have even more un-plowed snow on the streets again.
Through all the troubles I see everyone having on the road in their vehicles, I chuckle sometimes for the simple fact that my Blazer, can Blaze through anything I've driven it through so far, and never had a problem or gotten stuck or lost control of my truck.

For a 91 S10 4x4, with some general All Season tires, I've been super happy about my Blazer i've owned for just about a year now. 188k miles on it and the 4 wheel drive stills shifts from 2wheel to 4hi perfectly while moving, never have heard a single clunk or grind from doing so. I hope this winter is worse than the last! Bring it on! Hopefully I can get lots of pictures this winter.

Last winter, I lived about 8-10 miles up into the mountains touching Coeur D' Alene, in which the snow was usually 8-14 inches deeper than it was in town. Talk about a fun drive every night in the pitch black with nothing except the gigantic bright snowflakes caught in the headlights. and the narrow road I lived on had lots of steep drop offs with no guard rails.

I've learned a few things living here... 1: hardly anyone knows how to drive in the snow. Over and over you will see people stopped at a red light in their 2 wheel drive car. When the light turns green they think the quickest way to get across is to just punch the gas and floor it. Usually they don't end up going anywhere and the light turns red again, pissing off 10-20 people behind them. What makes me laught even more is when they are the car in the other lane next to me and I get up and go haul ass across intersection like there isn't even icy/snowy out :P

Anyone else live in an area with crazy Winters and stupid town drivers? i'd like to hear them

Nathan1991 10-03-2009 03:32 PM

Im with you!! this will be the first winter with my blazer, its snowing here in calgary a little today, we have pretty bad winters as well, we've never had to declare a state of emergency though! thats crazy
and I know exactly what your talking about when the honda civic pulls up beside you and punches the gas not realizing their tires are just spinning haha, n00bz!!
I made it through two pretty harsh winters in my 89 crown vic with no problems so this winter will be a breeze! im also excited to snowboard!!

abig84 10-03-2009 04:49 PM

I'm at the point where I could care less either way works for me. I just hate the cold. Winters here have been weak. No more then 5 inches at a time

RangerG 10-03-2009 11:02 PM

I hate the cold, I hate driving/living with snow, I love hockey.

It almost balances out. I would play hockey in +30 heat if it meant no cold, and no snow though.

okvortec 10-03-2009 11:06 PM

Man I love the cold. I guess cause the average summer temp here is like 102.. i could live in 20-40 degrees with snow on the ground everyday for the rest of my life. We don't get a whole lot in OK.

SmokeDogg 10-03-2009 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here in northeast ohio we have pretty bad winters ,the winter storms accumulate in lake erie and then move a shore and dump all over us, they call "lake effect snow" and its not uncommon for us to accumulate a couple of feet in one snow fall, other than the cold i love it

1oldK5 10-03-2009 11:39 PM

Yea we never get snow out here being that it's Southern California, atleast not near my house. But just a short trip up the freeway to the mountains and bam there's snow as long as the weather is right. Nothing ever too major though, last few years even the ski / snowboarding resorts have had a hard time keeping the fluffy white stuff on the ground. I really do love the snow though. Got to get my short window and get some snowboarding in while at the same time work and be able to take my blazer up and play around in it for the short time it's actually here haha.

We do have tons of retarded drivers out here though. Just 2 days ago I'm taking my blazer to get lunch and this v6 mustang pulls beside me. Sure enough light turns green and he tries leaving me behind so I just floor it and leave him at the light. HAHA poor sucker was bouncing the rev limiter and grinding gears to pass me as I slowed down for a curve in the street (don't need a rollover).

bigkhans 10-03-2009 11:48 PM

Down here in Boise, Idaho we usually get more rain that snow. I've also observed that most people here don't know how to drive in snow regardless of their vehicle and what kind of tires they have. Plus the fact at the first hint of snow all the local tire shops will be sold out of studded tires within hours. Thats a fact down here, every winter it never fails.

SmokeDogg 10-03-2009 11:49 PM

it seems to me that the drivers around here forget how to drive in the snow every season

oktain 10-04-2009 11:26 AM

LOL, there's no such thing as a state of emergency in Northern Ontario. Go to Toronto though and all you hear about are accidents on the 400 series highways. I've plowed through some pretty big stuff in my Blazer and I've never gotten it stuck, even when I burried it up to the frame rails in the school parking lot when I was late for class. "OH there's a spot!" Got back after class, 4 low and just backed out with clutch control. I had a crowd stop to see if I'd get out. I didn't even spin the tires.

96Blazernut 10-04-2009 01:13 PM

Here in New Hampshire we get lots of lake effect snow from the Altlantic. I'm ready for it this year. I need to get my G80 moved from my Sonoma and I'm pretty much set.

Here the city won't plow till the snowstorm is over. So it is not uncommon to have several inches of snow on the road.

I CAN'T wait!!!!!! :icon_qtank:

RangerG 10-04-2009 06:54 PM

Where I live they plow about 2 times a year, never during a storm or right after a storm either.

Its a city of 25,000 people so it is definitely large enough to need plowing. They typically don't plow until it has been snowing for a long time, so the ground underneath the snow they plow, is hard packed snow and ice.

I slid through my fair share of stop signs last year. If it ever results in a crash I am taking the fight to the city.

swartlkk 10-04-2009 07:00 PM

Can't wait for the snow! I love the stuff. I used to ski all the time when I was in high school and college and there was no storm I wouldn't drive through to get to the slopes. Now I just drive through the worst stuff to help others when they don't know how to drive their vehicle in adverse conditions (\/ \/ \/ \/).

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 251145)
Where I live they plow about 2 times a year, never during a storm or right after a storm either.

Its a city of 25,000 people so it is definitely large enough to need plowing. They typically don't plow until it has been snowing for a long time, so the ground underneath the snow they plow, is hard packed snow and ice.

I slid through my fair share of stop signs last year. If it ever results in a crash I am taking the fight to the city.

Good luck with that...

Brianator99 10-05-2009 10:04 AM

As much as I hate the cold and working out in it I love playing it it. Had so much fun last year in the blazer in the snow and pulled so many people out of ditches. It was unstoppable besides getting low centered every now and then haha.

CraigSnedeker 10-05-2009 01:20 PM

Hate winter. Shoveling. Snow. Then it melts and it's mudd.

Love winter. Christmas. Cookies. Cool pictures.

Lol makes it about even.

blazerguy22 10-05-2009 02:21 PM

well i dont live up north but i do have some fun stories about stupid drivers. we get em in the rain down here some people are so stupid they think tailgating on soaking wet roads is fun (at least til they get behind me that is) some folks around here need driving lessons i lo9ve the rain but i dread driving in it cause 99% of florida drivers have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER as to how to drive in dry conditions let alone in wet ones. however it does get better the further north you go... hmm wonder why that is

DSMayo 10-05-2009 02:25 PM

Im moving out to Spokane, WA next month and I cant wait for the snow! I could go without the cold but you gotta pay to play. Last year I recall the 6 feet of snow over there and it was awesome in my old Tercel haha not

butters 10-05-2009 04:25 PM

rep. NH!! small down near the mass line, most the roads are plowed by volinters and they leave atleast 3inchs to avoid making pot holes, drifting is going to be great this season. not unlike last! will have lots of pics this winter from some nice NH country driving.

The_Beast 10-05-2009 05:26 PM

I have mixed feeling about the snow, sometime it's fun to drive in the snow and others I hate it. Skiing is fun but frost bite isn't. hot coco good, snowballs in the face not so good.

but it does make tracking deer easier

basketballmail2 10-07-2009 06:18 AM

I like snow then I know why it's cold in the winter, but we don't get all that much snow over here in the City, even though everyone things so cause I'm in Switzerland. Last year we got a few nice days with some snow but nothing like I had in the year I was in Illinois which was awesome :)

fst450 10-11-2009 10:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i love the snow and i managed to get super stuck. and in the pics i am in the middle of the road. snows about 3 ft deep there. I am 2 hours south of toronto canada. Im ready for it this year bring it on.

NVANZEE 10-11-2009 10:50 PM

we get some bad bad snow storms here in Michigan. I hate it and all the dumb people. It actually snowed yesterday when i was up north. I was pissed

Logan 10-12-2009 09:33 AM

Im buying a set of 33x12.5-17" M/T baja claws to play in the deep snow with :D

The_Beast 10-12-2009 05:16 PM

First snow fall of the year here, it's not going to stay the ground is still too warm for it to "stick"

PaulO2288 10-12-2009 07:03 PM

I honestly cant wait either! I love waiting for the snow to come so I can play outside with my truck haha lol. I used to love going down my block or giong to the empty church parking lot and see what my old truck could do and I loved it along with useing the snow blowers and makeing like mounds lol....MAN I CANT WAIT!!!

nj4x4blaze 10-12-2009 07:49 PM

I don't want it to snow. People here are retarded and can't even drive when it drizzles.