Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Little Small town Albertian fun! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/little-small-town-albertian-fun-53918/)

AJBert 01-15-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy (Post 397764)
Ohh i gota ya. I want a locker in my rear diff but not sure which way to go. Auto or manual locker :S

You do realize you have the ALMIGHTY G80 Gov-Loc, don't you?!?

And nice to see someone who isn't really concerned about that pesky front valance. I kept trimming mine each time it cracked until there was nothing left to trim. Keep having fun in the snow, nothing better!

Blazer_boy 01-15-2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 397785)
You do realize you have the ALMIGHTY G80 Gov-Loc, don't you?!?

And nice to see someone who isn't really concerned about that pesky front valance. I kept trimming mine each time it cracked until there was nothing left to trim. Keep having fun in the snow, nothing better!

Well its funny because i get hung up alot and only ever get 2 tires spinning 1 front 1 rear. any thing im missing? and its just plastics plus i dont seem to have an issue lol

Rottidog 01-15-2011 10:36 PM

Whats the vin code for the G80 again?
mines 1GNCT18WX2K208954 & I know I have the G80

01vortec 01-16-2011 03:17 AM

your diff is probably just worn, and not locking anymore. how many miles are on it?

old skool luvr 01-16-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy (Post 397706)
Sorry been a few days since i had a chance to get on. I was in Ontario for traning in Owen Sound with no computer. I dont think any damage was done but who knows the whole undercarrige is packed still i knocked as much off as i could. And id take some of that snow. call me crazy but its my favorite time of year. minus mabey spring :D

gee, seems a few of us have said that before! :icon_goofygrin:

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 397824)
Whats the vin code for the G80 again?
mines 1GNCT18WX2K208954 & I know I have the G80

there is no VIN code Tom, it's just the RPO code.

too bad you're stuck with th 3.42's though. :icon_razz:

Originally Posted by 01vortec (Post 397903)
your diff is probably just worn, and not locking anymore. how many miles are on it?

mileage probably isn't the issue. it's more likely to be lack of maintance/impropermaintance or from severe abuse (ie; rapid right handers).

if you're gonna replace a broken one, or simply put in one, look into the aftermarket ones. not much more $$$, but sometimes a stronger design.

Blazer_boy 01-16-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 397945)
if you're gonna replace a broken one, or simply put in one, look into the aftermarket ones. not much more $$$, but sometimes a stronger design.

Well Ive done enough research on lockers to decide im going to replace it with something that is electronically locking with LSD for my rear at least. I don't want it to blow apart on me so im still figuring out where. but man would that be helpful in the snow