Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Longer shocks , cranking t bars (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/longer-shocks-cranking-t-bars-99203/)

Blaze999 03-27-2019 06:11 AM

Lift kit /longer shocks

I have a rough country lift kit 2.5” on my 04 blazer ,that came with new shocks and torsion keys , I’m assuming the rc shocks are longer than the stocks , now if I install longer shocks than what the kit came with lets say for 3” to 4” lifts how far can I crank the torsion bar/keys? Without any bounce or clunky ride

cleburne red 03-27-2019 07:03 AM

You're only gonna get like and inch, maybe inch and a half with cranking the keys. The shocks should be fine. The ride is gonna be crap from turning the keys up, though. You'll be effectively making the spring rate stiffer

Blaze999 03-27-2019 10:12 AM

Yeah I’m just lost on how I can raise the front end without it being all stiff and ****ty

And would my height be raised more with the longer shocks than I have now with the keys turned a little more and shocks rough country gave me? I’m just trying to jack up the front to Match with the rear , right now my front end is only clunking going over speed humps not bouncy as I turned them down a bit

cleburne red 03-27-2019 01:02 PM

The shocks aren't gonna change ride height. All they do is dampen the springs.

To get the front up more than you already have with the 2.5" lift, you're either gonna have to crank the t bars/keys up, and sacrifice ride quality, get another lift kit (like the rc 6") or a SAS

Blaze999 03-27-2019 03:27 PM

I don’t need the whole kit all I need is the front to jack up at least an inch , without touching torsion bars , I think I’m going to just go with a body lift ontop of my 2.5 lift,

DonL 03-27-2019 04:06 PM

I think that's your best bet. I have the same thing going on as you do, and I have yet to find something to level it out. Since I have both an add a leaf, and lift shackles, my ass end is almost 3" higher then the front. Going to try and get some stock shackle, and see if that levels them out...

cleburne red 03-27-2019 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blaze999 (Post 706014)
I don’t need the whole kit all I need is the front to jack up at least an inch , without touching torsion bars , I think I’m going to just go with a body lift ontop of my 2.5 lift,

A body lift is just going to make both ends higher, though. Still won't be level.

Unless you're just looking for clearance for bigger tires?

Blaze999 03-27-2019 08:29 PM

I have adjustable shackles on my blazer from crown suspension

I have rough country 2.5 inch lift and 31” muds , fits no problem after a bit trimming. I had it for a couple months then the rear end was sagging about an inch , so I installed 5 inch adjustable shackles , now to match the front I cranked up the keys so now it’s stiffened up , and clunks going over speed bumps , my question is if I add longer shocks from procomp that’s made for 3” or 4 inch lifts can I add those and also crank my t bars? Will this clunking go away? Not sure what exactly it’s hitting / bottoming out . I also don’t have bump stops on each sides , if I add bump stops and bigger control arm bump stops would this help with the rough ride on the front end? THANKS

BritishColumbiafishing 03-27-2019 11:53 PM

Our trucks are lame for mods LOLL

I wanted to upgrade my shocks from the rough country n3 but nothing fits properly the spot where it slides into is a dumb spacing and nothing fits. Ask who sold you the kit or your local dealer what will. Also watch how high you crank your torsion bar. My cv axles popped out a socket. If your doing any rock crawling or extreme articulation watch your output shaft on your driveshaft at the transfer case. 👍👍🤙🤙

Blaze999 03-28-2019 02:11 AM

I don’t do any type of off roading but my boots are cut on both sides unfortunately, all I need to an inch up front to match with rear I know I can drop the rear from my adjustable shackles but I like the height it’s at now . I know if I crank the keys up an inch but it’ll ride like **** . They do offer a 6 inch lift but that’s a little too much right now. Procomp has the longer shocks for 3-4” inch lifts , now I’m wondering if that’s if I crank my t bars up. But I think the control arm is hitting against something, not too sure where this clunking comes in play going over bumps , I know I don’t have my factory bump stops on both sides