Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   new to off roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/new-off-roading-30651/)

Jfutch101 05-17-2009 04:51 PM

new to off roading

i have a stock suspention blazer and i need to know tips of wheeling because i dont want to ruin my truck

please lmk thanks

ghost 05-17-2009 05:09 PM

Don't try any big water holes... You'll get stuck in the ruts of hell & a tow truck will have to rescue you. Any tires at least? Trail riding in the stock suspension is pretty fun, if ya got tires MUD wholes are sweet. Whatcha got?

Cyron 05-17-2009 05:12 PM

do you have some kinda locker in the rear? if not thats one of the best upgrades, and tires. if you dont have a winch/other people to pull you out keep to the smaller stuff. It can be very deceiving on how hard some things are to get though.

Cyron 05-17-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ghost (Post 217689)
Don't try any big water holes... You'll get stuck in the ruts of hell & a tow truck will have to rescue you. Any tires at least? Trail riding in the stock suspension is pretty fun, if ya got tires MUD wholes are sweet. Whatcha got?

damn you i was typing and you must have posted JUST before me lol.

Jfutch101 05-17-2009 05:14 PM

i have stock highway tires now, im planing on getting bfgoodrich all terrains ive gone through some water holes but the trail was all ruts my truck bonces around alot i want to know if its bad on ur suspention when i rocks back and forth like an earthquake lol

i just ordered a safari bar anything bad about that? and i need to instal 2in body lift

Jfutch101 05-17-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cyron (Post 217690)
do you have some kinda locker in the rear? if not thats one of the best upgrades, and tires. if you dont have a winch/other people to pull you out keep to the smaller stuff. It can be very deceiving on how hard some things are to get though.

youll probally call me a noob but whats a locker and what does it do im planning on getting a come along and straps

oisinirish 05-17-2009 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jfutch101 (Post 217695)
youll probally call me a noob but whats a locker and what does it do im planning on getting a come along and straps

A locker is a rear differential locker. Locks the rear wheels together so both have pulling power, not just one like on an open diff.

Jfutch101 05-17-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by oisinirish (Post 217734)
A locker is a rear differential locker. Locks the rear wheels together so both have pulling power, not just one like on an open diff.

i have no clue if i have that ive been riding ind auto 4wd

Swain 05-17-2009 08:16 PM

If you look in your glove box the RPO code for a posi locking rear end is g80. Best tip is to never ride alone, dont go into water above the top of your bumper, and instead of beating the crap out of your truck trying to get unstuck just take a pull from your friend.

96chevblazer 05-17-2009 08:22 PM

a easy way to tell if you have a g80 is see if you have a full sized -stock- spare tire. This is not a for shure why of telling but all g80 equipped trucks came with a full sized spare:)