Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Rough Country 6" Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Any damage to the tire?
None that I could tell.

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Your tolerance for trimming may vary lol I like that. I haven't done any trimming on mine yet. I will be getting bigger tires in next couple weeks. I also picked up a set of 2wd s10 rims to mount the tires on so I may end up doing some trimming.
What's weird is rough country spec'ed a ~32" tire for this kit. I have 33" and I've trimmed well more clearance than an inch. I had cut at least a couple the other day, and I just carved the fender back another inch tonight.

Maybe the boggers just have really chunky tread? Maybe a less aggressive tire wouldn't be so bad
​​​​​​

Old 02-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

My experience with any super swampers is they run wide. Those chunky lugs stick out past the side wall. I'm sure a less aggressive tire would clear fine. I found a set of 33/12.50/15 tsl's for an awesome price and I really want them but not sure if I want to go to the work to make them fit. Also not sure how long the ifs would live running a 33/12.50. but damn it would look good!

Old 02-20-2019, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran

One way to find out!

Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Very true! He is asking $400 and they are 80 percent tread.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:53 AM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road

cool thread,nice of you to take pics while doing the install to help out other folks,where do yall go off roading up there ? i used to go to shiloh ridge in rusk texas,east tx.but i knew which mud holes not to go in or i would sink and never be found LoL

Old 02-21-2019, 05:05 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by plcrides
cool thread,nice of you to take pics while doing the install to help out other folks,where do yall go off roading up there ? i used to go to shiloh ridge in rusk texas,east tx.but i knew which mud holes not to go in or i would sink and never be found LoL
My friends and I go to Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport. I want to make it out to Barnwell mountain at some point

Old 02-21-2019, 09:52 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

One thing you should get for your wheeling adventures is another CV shaft. The nice thing about the earlier suspensions with the bolt on flange is they take the same length CV's on each side where as the slip in models take two different lengths. I think that if I were to do it I'd stick with the 32" tires also, to each their own. So you have about 2500.00 into this, do you wish you'd just went ahead and did a SAS?

Old 02-21-2019, 10:04 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by eshaw
So you have about 2500.00 into this, do you wish you'd just went ahead and did a SAS?
I've asked myself that a few times. Part of me says yes, but then I realize I would probably still be gathering parts right now, instead of out having fun wit it.

I would have ended up talking myself into going with wagoner D44s, finding those would prove difficult. Then the cost of steering, suspension, driveshaft mods. Might as well completely rebuild and regear the axles while they're out, and add lockers as well. And if you're doing lockers, you gotta get some ARB air lockers under there. But then, I need an OBA set up. Would have talked myself into $5 worth of stuff lol.

I guess it depends on how it does off road. I'm not doing the Rubicon anytime soon, just some fairly light wheeling every now and then. If everything holds up well, no regrets.
​​​​​

Old 02-21-2019, 05:06 PM
Beginning Member

umm i just carry a bag of tools with me,even in my car haha no,i carry a bag of tools,i have a winch,a air compressor that connects to your battery terminals,pretty cool,tire pluggers for flats,a huge 50 or 60 inch jack,oh a ****** block, its a 9 ton winch so the ****** block makes it double that,then i carry a extra 75 foot of cable with loops i made on each end.ive pulled several people out with it,ive never used the winch.im sure im forgetting something

Old 02-22-2019, 12:44 AM
Beginning Member

so how good do these blazers do in the mud,do all four tires turn pretty good with what comes stock in the rear end? do they do better than like a toyota tacoma or something stock with just mud tires.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 6" Lift