Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Sitting at the tire store...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default Sitting at the tire store...

so as I sit at the tire store....hopefuly getting my tire put back on the rim......I have to say.....the first ever Michigan Blazer forum off road meet whent especialy well.....members in attendance......me...and tommyd.....2 blazers....one with some nice heavy mud tires.....off to the wilderness to get a little muddy....

we made it a ways...when this huge..realy huge....puddle came across the path....I wasn't going to go through it..no way...I know my limitations....well we hopped out of our trucks..and took some sticks and tested the depth of the water....didn't seem too deep......one brave soul decided to run it......it was beautiful...the red blazer splashing throught the puddle.....until....

the truck stopped moving...it almost got out backwards....but alas...it was finaly stuck on a hunk of mud.....a nice piece of plastic skid plate floating in the water....(only one tire conecting with ground) well I was the rescue vehicle..attempted to pull the red blazer out forwards.....so such luck....so to the back I went......the tow strap was a little short..so I crept my truck up just to the edge....and hooked the strap on...pulled and pulled..and pulled....no such luck...well in an attempt to pull the strap off...I had to inch forward just a little bit....and that's when my truck got stuck....both tires barely in the water....I got my stupid frame stuck on the middle of the rut.....meanwhile the red blazer is slowly filling up with water....luckily he's got friends with trucks...and we get pulled out...(not to say we didn't try just about everything to try and get un stuck)

so off again we go....deciding that mud puddles are out for the day.....we have to go back to get the strap....in the back tracking....we go through this realy nasty bumpy muddly wierd rutted up hill track (that I went down just fine)..well on the way out you can hear the air rushing out of the tire.....I was just glad it was the tire....*phew*..one tire changed..and we decide on dinner.......out we go and the food was yummy!!!

** so this might be the last misadventure with the blazer for a while...I need to get my oil changed....and am going to have them check to make sure I didn't blow my differential seal...

It was a very very very fun day!! I am so glad I got to get dirty..and meet a realy cool guy!!!!

Pictures to follow later tonight.....they are great I promise....just gotta get them developed......

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/3C35DB33855240A3B2F875B5589C3EA1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/C7C6C6A67A204B7F91A129BED995708F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sitting at the tire store...

I have a few pics from my cell phone check my gallery and you can see them. Pretty funny acctually. Had about 2 inches of water in the passenger side of my truck. Funniest thing was paddle_grl getting in the hole trying to push her truck off the frame haha that lasted about 30 seconds! All in all it was a good day. The next day sucked because now my truck smells of muddy water. Oh well could be worse.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Those pics are awesome. Looks like you guys had fun, despite the tire mishap and gettin' stuck. Can't wait to see your pics, Paddle!

Old 09-12-2006, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

here are the pics!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/47A2410E1BE140ACA9F851B5D8BD9646.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/A6B5E63F2FA34545BDA4E872D5FB5BC0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/34061C8A9AA147A29706BE8EF9D52805.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Cow Killer is an unknown quantity at this point

i will have to make it up there once. where in michigan are yall? i need to feel superior, guess the only way to is to go with stock rigs. lol the cheros i ride with always show me up, but i pull them out.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:16 AM

We are both from Grand Rapids but this we went riding up in Bitely about 1.5 hours north of grand rapids. We only got to see a tiny portion of whats up there. everything from sand hills to swamps it's tons of fun up there so many trails to ride. Your 31" tires wouldn't have got you through this hole. There was a good foot and a half between the bottom of my tire and the bottom of the rut.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you guys had some real fun. Sorry to say Paddle girl, but there is no way you where going to pull him out.

Say I don't supose you got some new mud tires when you were at the tire shop? lol

Old 09-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Yeah how did the tire thing turn out? Did you just break the bead? Hopfully you didn't tear the tire or anything. Luckily my buddies were near by and came to pull us out. I gotta get a wench or a couple of ****** blocks and some rope. Something to prevent my dumbass from getting stuck again!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

When you said hugh puddle i was thinking alright this decent size puddle going accross the road. Not no 2 feet deep hole. Pretty sweet looking.. I could have gotten out. hehe Not sure tho. I have always told my friends give me anything with 4 wheels and atleast 2 wheels that move and I can get a vehicle any where. managed to get a car that got stuck at my cabin on a 90 degree turn on an up hill run on ice up to the top of the hill with bald tires. But I don't even think I would have attempted that with my stock suspension and my SS tires. I would have thrown some nice mud and that would have been about it I think. Not without any suspension lift and possibly a locker in the rear would I have tried that. Well with a suspension lift and a winch so I could get my **** out. Just wish I lived closer looks like it would have been hella fun! Was hoping for more pics.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 AM

You would need about 35-38" tires at least there was about a foot and a half between the bottom of my tire and the bottom of the rut at the end. I probably could have backed out the first time it stopped moving (it was pretty much backed out) but hell I wanted to go through that damn thing!

Quick Reply: Sitting at the tire store...