Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Skid plates (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/skid-plates-66444/)

LucasMI 12-29-2011 10:25 PM

Skid plates

If Iget this98 I'm looking at will the Zr2 skid plates be a direct bolt on or no? would like a little more protection for running that trail to the deer camp, as the tractors can rip it up pretty bad and that's the trail I bent my Ram 2500's frame on

97OregonBlazer 12-29-2011 10:38 PM

i beleive so for most part. i looked around and all i could find was others saying that it should work and bolt right up. ill keep searching though for ya

tibby 12-29-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by LucasMI (Post 485473)
If Iget this98 I'm looking at will the Zr2 skid plates be a direct bolt on or no? would like a little more protection for running that trail to the deer camp, as the tractors can rip it up pretty bad and that's the trail I bent my Ram 2500's frame on

The back skid's (tranny and gas tank) are direct bolt on, but the front one is not.

Btw, the 99 and newer had composites. I'd go for a 98 and earlier so you can get an aluminum skid plate set.

Or you might get lucky and find some aluminum skid's on a non-zr2 in the yard somewhere.

LucasMI 12-30-2011 12:43 AM

Alright will look for the older ones. thanks. Found a tree stump at 25mph with the dodge and bananna'd the frame slightly. never been so mad in my life. I know skid plates wouldnt prevent that and I need to slow it down but the idea of tangling up tree stump with the t case or shattering it on a hidden rock is not something I want looking over my shoulder every time I head to camp.

97OregonBlazer 12-30-2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by LucasMI (Post 485499)
Alright will look for the older ones. thanks. Found a tree stump at 25mph with the dodge and bananna'd the frame slightly. never been so mad in my life. I know skid plates wouldnt prevent that and I need to slow it down but the idea of tangling up tree stump with the t case or shattering it on a hidden rock is not something I want looking over my shoulder every time I head to camp.

oooo ouch :/ yea id definitely do some searchin around. my blazer came with one up front only i went to the junk yard and got lucky finding the aluminum ones under another 4 door blazer. and for the 25mph i know how that is,my friends got lifted toyota and he hauls ass around every part of the trail and i take it kinda slow as i have no lift and im sittin on 30;s. but i can definitely get into alot of areas he can just for having only 30's. yea just do some searchin and good luck hope you find a set!

onder 03-07-2012 11:12 PM

I have a 2000 blazer 2 door and all the skid plates from zr2 bolt right on and for the dif skid plate there are two things that are hanging from the two side of the dif that skid plates bolts on to those two things. if you take them, you will be fine