Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   that will leave a mark (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/will-leave-mark-78435/)

rexazz2 04-06-2013 03:26 PM

that will leave a mark

Wife and I took the blazer onto a construction site looking for a short cut out to where we run the dog
We didnt find the short cut but dragged a huge pile of mud back out onto the road
My wife brought it to my attention that the neigborhood that we rolled back out on the street in ,the houses are probably 500-750K :icon_saywhat:
Good news the new tire worked well
Bad news they held a lot of mud and gravel

okiedoak20 04-06-2013 03:35 PM

so im guessing there is a home owners association, they will have a emergency meeting to put an end to that wild life style and hire a security rent a cop to further piss on everyones parade, look what you have done,lol

rexazz2 04-06-2013 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by okiedoak20 (Post 577903)
so im guessing there is a home owners association, they will have a emergency meeting to put an end to that wild life style and hire a security rent a cop to further piss on everyones parade, look what you have done,lol

I am sure a street sweeper was dispatched by the city before I got to the end of the street LOL
Almost afraid now to go back again and try to find a short cut back there
Its about 3/4 of a mile in from where we park now

cleburne red 04-06-2013 08:05 PM

I've done that before. Driving down the road slinging mud and rocks everywhere! Never in a neighborhood that nice, though.

El_Beautor 04-08-2013 01:38 PM

I did that Friday too! Drove down an access road to check out some running paths for my dog and me, but got into some mud. At least I wasn't in a neighborhood though. Just through an industrial/commercial area during rush hour. I felt pretty bad as my tires were flinging mud everywhere. I got more than a couple dirty looks.

Diaita 04-08-2013 02:04 PM

Went out wheeling a few weeks back with a local club and one of the areas we went was on private property(we had permission) right off a fairly well used road. Apparently when 39 trucks go wheeling in a muddy trail and go directly out onto the road it leaves enough mud on the road to make it look rutted! He was pissed, threatened to take a skidder to our trucks if we ever went back on his property!

ol' grouch 04-08-2013 06:50 PM

Whyle my Blazer is 4wd, I don't plan to use it for serious off roading. I've got a 4wd Ram 2500 that I use for really bad weather or some of the wooded areas where I have a tree farm. Some of the roads up there you know are roads because they don't have trees growing in them. It tends to grab and sling mud and rocks with the knobs it's got. I had one woman tailgating me and she tried to say I broke her windshield. I pointed out to the police officer that I have mud flaps all the way around and the only way I could bust her windshield was her too close. I think it was broken beforehand and she was just trying to get my insurance company to pay for it. It didn't work.