Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

$70 Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have an air compressor? Cheap HVLP guns are 20-30$ and will yield much better results than you're having. Plus, alot less wasted paint...

I really want that rear hatch spoiler.... I'm wondering if it will fit the non-fold down style hatch....

Last edited by 01vortec; 05-13-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Eh, maybe someday..

and yeah, it should. It fits on on the glass via double stick foam tape.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

is it factory or aftermarket? the only ones I'm finding say for 94 and older, thats the first gen s10 blazer..

Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I really like the hatch spoiler on the GMC "Jimmy" Envoys. Too bad they don't work on 2 door Blazers because I would LOVE to have one on mine...

Anyways, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:15 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 01vortec
is it factory or aftermarket? the only ones I'm finding say for 94 and older, thats the first gen s10 blazer..
Came with the truth, prev. owners buy a junk load of stuff for it from Lund. I'd look there, It think they have them.

Actually I just checked out LUND and they don't seem to have them for the Blazer... they used to though. :/

Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

I to have painted a full car outside with flat black spray paint. Not fun at all. Paint is wasted in the wind more times then not.

Hope it turns out well for you. I just painted my front and rear bumper, and bottom of the doors with bedliner and it turned out good with not much wind.

Thinking about doing my hood as well.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks

And I know, the wind (what little there was of it) took the spray paint into the sky. :/

Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 01vortec
do you have an air compressor? Cheap HVLP guns are 20-30$ and will yield much better results than you're having. Plus, alot less wasted paint...

BIG word.

I spent 120 bucks on paint color matched from a store by my house.

Flat black is so hard to do thats why 90 percent of decent cars that are flat black are vinyl. Sad thing is the paint on your truck was probably one of the only decent things about it.

Last edited by TheBrettster; 05-16-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

Keep hacking at it.. If your doin it to save money, think hard cuz you usually wind up nickle and diming yourself back to the point you would have been at is you brought a new spray gun or something..

I'm liking the z28 wheels too.. and yeah, Lund made a ton of stick/bolt ons back in the day.. I had a 98 that was weighted down with em..

The idea of a murdered out retro blazer is cool..

Have fun!! and more pics as you progress..

Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by diRteh
Keep hacking at it.. If your doin it to save money, think hard cuz you usually wind up nickle and diming yourself back to the point you would have been at is you brought a new spray gun or something..

I'm liking the z28 wheels too.. and yeah, Lund made a ton of stick/bolt ons back in the day.. I had a 98 that was weighted down with em..

The idea of a murdered out retro blazer is cool..

Have fun!! and more pics as you progress..
Thanks, I got them off eBay. And yeah, Lund doesn't sell most of those. I guess everytime a new car comes out, they sell some fancy parts for it. The previous owners went a little wild..

What exactly is a murdered blazer?

Gonna rain ALL week so no progress. :/

Quick Reply: $70 Paint Job