Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

98-up Blazer update help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default 98-up Blazer update help.

i know its been answered but i'm doing the front end update.am i missing anything? also i just change out the raditor core support and then the other parts will go on fine? What i do the same update but use Bravada style headlights, core, gillle, etc... IS the raditor core welded on or is bolt on?
98-up Chevy Blazer front end parts needed.
i needPrefer red color)
head light- left and right
park light with fog-left and right
whole gillle
Raditor core support
Front Bumper
REAR BUMPER END CAPS

or same parts but from a 98-up Bravada
thanks
tony

Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

anyone?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The radiator support is bolted in and is not different between the 98+ Blazer and the 98+ Jimmy/Bravada.

How about you post what you've read and the specific areas where those posts were lacking in the information you need.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

95 blazer ls 4wd 4dr. ok i know that i have to take off the grille, headlight, lens, and raditator core support(I think raditator has to come out?Not sure). some people say core support is bolted on other say it welded on and some say its both welded and bolted. how can i tell if it weled on. and is the core support easy to take off? i want a Bravada Front end 98-up. do i do the same thing as the blazer update but just use a Bravada core, grille, lens bumper with fogs? Do have to change anything to make the new style front bumper to fit? can i just leave the bumper on and still do the update?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure if you just don't read what others have to post or... I answered a few of those questions above.

As far as the core support being easy to take off... I would call it an easy task. A bit tedious. But that is my take on it...

Yes the radiator will have to come out unless you get creative. I would recommend you just remove it.

You want everything off the front end of a Bravada. Bumper, grill, lights, and core support. You may have to reconfigure your wiring harness to make it all work properly as well (split out wires for headlight sockets, etc) especially if you have the sealed beam headlights.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

brother, after reading up on your threads/posts, it really seems like you want us to do all the work for you.

if that's the case, PM me, i'll be more than happy to send you a quote for what all of your projects would cost you.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think the older S-series trucks may be welded IIRC... I'm only about 55% certain on that though, the easisest thing would be to go look for the spot welds IMO.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
I think the older S-series trucks may be welded IIRC... I'm only about 55% certain on that though, the easisest thing would be to go look for the spot welds IMO.

people, people, people!!!

these are not FWD cars! so NO welded core supports.

not picking on you Pat, 'cause you said you weren't sure. but i really can't believe how many people don't bother to look for themselves. doesn't anyone notice those 4 big pieces of rubber behind their bumpers?

ok, i'm donr with my rant.

Pat.......back to you.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator

I have heard it in more than one place Chris. CLICK HERE for a conversion kit which mentions the same thing.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
BF Guru

WOW!!!

even the professionals don't know.

i luv this line in that link, "If you have questions, please call us before ordering!"

why? so you guys can tell us more incorrect info? maybe you'll simply be honest, and tell us you don't really know? actually had a phone tech tell me that not too long ago!

Quick Reply: 98-up Blazer update help.