Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Tailgate help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 PM
BAMABLZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Tailgate help

I have searched and read just about all the threads on this topic and i still am not sure if what im trying to do will work i have a 98 zr2 blazer and i have removed the spare tire carrier and i have found a guy parting out a 96 4x4 4 door my question is will the bottom tailgate section interchange with mine any help or comments would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

as long as its not a lift gate, and the glass and tail gate are separate, It should work, someone will chime in on this since I have a first gen.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks man thats what i was thinking too the truck is about 60 miles away and i was just tryin to save some time and gas if it wont work

Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM

contacted the local body parts dist to see if they could tell me if the 96 tailgate would interchange with my 98 they could not give me a straight anwser and also in formed me that they could not get me a new one that is the first time that i have heard of them not being able to get any body parts they told me to drive my truck up there and compare and that is what i am trying to avoid being it is so far away but if that is my only option i guess thats what i will have to do any hep?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I still think it should fit, as long as it is the same style as yours. the only thing that would be different is the key, and you can take your old lock out and put it in the new one.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Question Still trying to get tal gate help.

I have read some of the other threads on this topic and im still not realy getting answer Im looking to find.On the thread where it shows the carpet being removed for screw holes it doesnt apply to my year.I found 1 hole in the middle by removing the carpet but noway to remove the back panel to get to the latch.My rear inside panel feels like it will pull off but Im not quite sure.Can somebody with experience on getting 1996 rear door to open please chime in.thanks.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
I have read some of the other threads on this topic and im still not realy getting answer Im looking to find.On the thread where it shows the carpet being removed for screw holes it doesnt apply to my year.I found 1 hole in the middle by removing the carpet but noway to remove the back panel to get to the latch.My rear inside panel feels like it will pull off but Im not quite sure.Can somebody with experience on getting 1996 rear door to open please chime in.thanks.
Wrong thread?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM

Richphotos thanks for the info i'm thinkin the same thing now just gotta find time to look at it will post if it works or not

Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM
BF Veteran

Good luck, I'm pretty certain it will work.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM

Went today and picked up the tailgate i'm pretty sure its gonna work every measurement i took matched exactly now just gotta take it and the new hood i picked up last week to the body shop for paint and install thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Tailgate help