Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bed liner rocker panels...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013 | 09:40 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer2005 is on a distinguished road

hoping to get my 05 bed lined I have an ABSOLUTLY perfect body on my truck and I plan to keep it that way + for off roading stones and sticks get kicked up and hit my lower panels is a bad day I mAy not get the bed liner done this year but I will spray paint my frame to keep that nice the body can see some snow for this year but spring I hope to get some protection... I obtained some good advice and ideas on this thread thanks!

Last edited by Blazer2005; 09-12-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-13-2013 | 07:34 AM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road

I just did my bumpers this past weekend and I plan on doing the rocker panels as soon as I have time to take care of some very minor rust just behind the rear doors on both sides. I bought the POR-15 starter kit on sale for around $25 shipped to clean, prep, and convert/seal the rust before lining the body. Here are some pics of how the bumpers turned out, I ended up taking them off so I could hit the backs of them with some rust converter spray and prep the entire surface easily.

Attached Thumbnails Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0928.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0941.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0943.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0937.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0944.jpg  

Old 09-13-2013 | 09:13 AM
DiffBuster is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Taking them all the way off is really the best way to do it. imo

Old 09-13-2013 | 07:30 PM
Trubble618 is on a distinguished road

Just Rhino-Lined my truck a few weeks ago..came out great! prep time is where its at! i scuffed everything with 80 grit then cleaned everything really good with acetone then taped & masked off everything..then i rolled mine on with a 4 inch stucco roller..2 heavy coats, 2 hrs between coats!! This stuff looks really tuff once it dries & sets up!! get alot of compliments when people see it!!..Good luck with your project! https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...re-a-27431.jpg

Last edited by Trubble618; 09-13-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2013 | 06:24 PM
|
Beginning Member
FIVEHORSE is on a distinguished road

OK, I didn't have a full day to do the whole truck, so I decided to do the grill and bumper instead. here are some pictures of how it turned out. I'm pretty pleased with it! the next full day I have free, I plan on doing the rockers. I think I'm a bit OCD, so these things take me longer than they should (mostly because of all the prep work involved). Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Thumbnails Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0827-2-.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0830.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0836.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0837.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-imag0839.jpg  

Old 09-21-2013 | 06:32 PM
|
Beginning Member
FIVEHORSE is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Trubble618
Just Rhino-Lined my truck a few weeks ago..came out great! prep time is where its at! i scuffed everything with 80 grit then cleaned everything really good with acetone then taped & masked off everything..then i rolled mine on with a 4 inch stucco roller..2 heavy coats, 2 hrs between coats!! This stuff looks really tuff once it dries & sets up!! get alot of compliments when people see it!!..Good luck with your project! https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...re-a-27431.jpg

Thanks Trubble618...that's about what i'm planning on doing. I like the black on black look of your truck! Very nice! i'm using the spray on instead of the roll on so i'll probably end up doing 2-3 coats to make sure it's protected. the grill got 3 coats to protect it from all the abuse a front end takes.

Old 02-05-2014 | 08:16 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

looks real good. definitely an idea ive been thinking of as im in canada and salt is a terrible thing and unfortunately the jimmy has a few rust spots. on my old car i fixed a few rust spots but didnt like how it turned out but i like the idea of bed liner as its not supposed to look the same as the paint

Old 03-10-2014 | 10:55 PM
Beginning Member
someone11 is on a distinguished road

Decided to do some digging in the forums and came upon this thread. I have also bedliner'ed (new word lol) my rocker panels but every year they chip. This winter here in MI has been a tough one and today I washed my truck for the first time since like november and I can see more chipping of the bedliner (sprayed it on this past summer). What I did is used a wire wheel to take off ALL paint down to metal. I cleaned the metal with alcohol then primered, then bedliner. Figured that would work the best. But its still chipping bad. Should I not prime and just clean the metal real good with acetone? I dont want to have to do this every summer.

Heres part of the reason I did the bedliner. had a tiny rust hole, I started cutting away the bad metal and turned out to be this big of a spot lol.

This was the first summer I did the bedliner, hard to see. This was before the big patch. I also did the fenders and the rear bumper.

Attached Thumbnails Bed liner rocker panels...-0608132129_zps3ed173c5.jpg   Bed liner rocker panels...-0806121426_zps2a2f0e62.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014 | 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

What brand of liner are you using?

Old 03-11-2014 | 12:01 PM
Beginning Member
someone11 is on a distinguished road

Ive used two brands. Different one each summer. Boh I just went to the auto store and grabbed a couple spray cans of it. In the bottom picure you can see one can but I dont remember what brand that was.

Quick Reply: Bed liner rocker panels...