Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   bedliner rear window trim (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/bedliner-rear-window-trim-43844/)

Nemo1991 04-27-2010 12:04 PM

bedliner rear window trim

so my wear window trim is fading and i wanna paint it soon, just wondering if anyone thinks it would look good done with roll on bed liner?? im probably going to do my bumpers with bed liner so i figure what they hay. any thoughts?

DKSDAD 04-27-2010 03:48 PM

If my memory serves me correclty there is at least 1 other member on here that has done that already and I personally like it. I also think they put it on some of the other trim parts on the truck like the wiper arms and such.

dimone545 04-27-2010 03:59 PM

I think it would look pretty good but only if you do your bumpers and such. I to am considering using the bed liner stuff.

jdespain 04-27-2010 05:15 PM

I love it on my rockers and fuel door! Never thought about the trim.

Nemo1991 04-27-2010 09:12 PM

jdespain, was doing the rockers easy? i mean it cant be too hard but i just dont want to do it and somehow mess up and have it look ****ty

The_Beast 04-27-2010 09:35 PM

Thanks for the idea, I was thinking of making my 2 door a 2 tone using bed liner within a couple of months

be sure to post pics if you do it

DKSDAD 04-27-2010 09:48 PM

I found the buid I was thinking about. Check out tmurph01's build thread. He has used it on some problem spots that I am going to try also.

jdespain 04-27-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nemo1991 (Post 325098)
jdespain, was doing the rockers easy? i mean it cant be too hard but i just dont want to do it and somehow mess up and have it look ****ty

Mask it, scuff it, clean it, and spray. The hardest part for me was tracing the radius of the wheel wells with the masking tape. I think it was well worth the effort.

tireman1554 04-28-2010 02:05 PM

Just finished my 94' K1500 sport. I sprayed the entire front grill,bumper,valance, and all the way around the lower part to the back bumper. Looks really cool, and I've got a lot of great responses from the folks around my town

mrstaypuff 06-10-2010 12:19 AM

ok a few things on bedliner on the trim....i did this, i can post pics if nessacery....for one, you need to prep the plastic....bedliner alone sticks alright but you need something better, so find a can of plasric prep and have at it....then brush on...BRUSH on, a good solid coat over everything without mixing in the little texture beeds, do this twice as you want a good solid layer. after that you can go ahead and roll on as many coast as you want with all the texture you want. now here comes the fun part, unles you want the dull look, thats alwasy going to look dirty, you need to clear coat it. this mean you have to go to the auto paint store and buy clear coat and all the fun stuff that comes with it. when you start to shoot the clear you need a full day to do this....try to find a nice clear sunny hot day and start early in the morning. first 3 layers should be misted on, and give 30 min between eack coat....next 3 layers you can spray normal, then let that suck cake in the hot sun all day. it seems a little different then the normal paint process but let me tell you i just kinda half assed mine in a day and the clear peeled off bc i only shot 2 coats.....time and the car wash took it off and i didnt prep the plastic, so let my screw up be your lesson. this time around ill be painting the whole vehicle so all thats coming off and being redone