Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Black signal lights without fog lights? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/black-signal-lights-without-fog-lights-36442/)

R2P 10-31-2009 12:56 PM

Black signal lights without fog lights?

Hey guys, I searched the forum and only found one thread concerning aftermarket signal lights on a blazer with factory fogs but the OP wanted to keep his fogs. I have a '98 Blazer LT with factory fogs and want some black turn/parking lights but I don't mind removing the factory fogs. Can the factory fogs be taken out so any black signal lights will fit or would there be some cutting involved either way?

Thanks,
Cory

Sisk 10-31-2009 03:26 PM

The fogs are attached to the turn signal...so if you just replaced the corners with ones without the fogs I don't see why you couldn't just wrap the fog light socket up and tuck it in behind the turn signal...
Have you thought about tinting the front corners? I did it on mine and they came out really good...here's a pic for an example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...018091717b.jpg

bob_elder 10-31-2009 03:46 PM

iv seen people tint their head lights and tailights and turn signals but how exactly do do it?

Zeeke98 10-31-2009 08:18 PM

You can put in regular lights. Disconnect the bulb and tuck the wires into the core support. That's what all the trucks without fogs have since the wiring harness is there for them. I believe the lights all mount the same, fogs or not.

LuvMyTJ 10-31-2009 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeke98 (Post 259614)
You can put in regular lights. Disconnect the bulb and tuck the wires into the core support. That's what all the trucks without fogs have since the wiring harness is there for them. I believe the lights all mount the same, fogs or not.

Has anyone confirmed that the fog light pig tails are on all Blazers? I would like to add them to my '99 but I haven't looked at the harness yet. Is the wiring up at the dash also so I could buy a OEM head light switch that has the fog switch and connect it?

Zeeke98 11-01-2009 01:40 AM

The wiring is there, but from what everyone says, you have to have the BCM reprogrammed to make the fogs work since the switch runs through it.

Sisk 11-01-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by bob_elder (Post 259580)
iv seen people tint their head lights and tailights and turn signals but how exactly do do it?

I wouldn't recommend tinting your headlights. It's illegal enough just tinting your tail lights let alone the headlights. Not to mention it's pretty dangerous to have dark headlights.
As for tinting the corners and tail lights you can pick up a can of VHT Night shade if you want to do it. It's a spray on tint. You may not be able to find it in stores around you depending on state laws. I know up here in Canada its fairly hard to find since it's illegal all over.
If you don't want to permanently tint your lights via a spray on then you can also buy snap on covers for the lights. This is the more expensive route, but at least you can remove them easily if need be.

old skool luvr 11-01-2009 08:03 PM

first, i'd like to say congrats on the bump in status Sisk. when did that happen? (didn't notice it earlier today).

besides the legality of tinted lights Sisk, there's also the consideration for your fellow driver's on the road.

in a city, there is extra lighting for the roads, and your HL's don't contribute to your driving as much as if you're out of the "city limits".so, when you're driving with nothing else around you, you'll want to see as much, and as far as you can, to avoid anything that may be up ahead. be it a car parked not quite far enough off the road, an animal that suddenly darts out-or simply doesn't get outta the way, or being on an unfamiliar road, that doesn't have every turn marked with a sign.

the blacked out sig's look awsome Sisk.