Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

blazer tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
scottish blazer is on a distinguished road
Default blazer tail lights

Hey guys ,glad to be a part of your forum,im from scotland uk,i have a 2000 blazer,i want to put usa style tail lights on it im guessing you dont have the colour amber on tail light when indicating left or right like they have here in uk,im on vacation in kissimmee first two weeks october also in miami for two days ,can anyone direct me to a place where i can buy chrome altezza style lights please.thanks for your time.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I would check out ebay. You staying with friends in Florida?

Also, you could possibly still use the N.A. style tail lights.
They have two brake lights, and a reverse on each side. Just stick the signal bulb in one of the brake lamps if the signal doesn't HAVE to be amber, and use the other for the brakes. You'll lose the rear fog lights, though. Maybe buy some aftermarket lamps for the rear if you need to. I hope you get what I'm saying. I don't know how to word it better.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Beginning Member
rufo95 is on a distinguished road

I got mine on ebay so i agree. check ebay

Old 09-06-2010, 05:48 AM

Thanks guys ,im staing in a villa for two weeks i guess i could try get the lights shipped to there during my stay as shipping to scotland cost are dear from ebay.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Good idea. Like I said, just find out if it's okay in your area to exclude rear fogs, and have red turn signals.
Funny thing is, some NA owners want the tail lights you have. If you don't want the old tails, post them up on ebay, and here!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:14 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

scottish, i live in florida. The ONLY place i have seen chrome taillights for a blazer, was at my local flea market. theres a sub/amp store and they sell aftermarket lights and such. But its your choice whether you want to take the 1.5 hour drive to daytona. I can also look for stuff in your area.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

I just checked craigslist and i saw alot of blazer parts in the kissimmee area. Check the orlando craigslist, and i also saw a place that specialized in SUV parts.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by matt92
scottish, i live in florida. The ONLY place i have seen chrome taillights for a blazer, was at my local flea market. theres a sub/amp store and they sell aftermarket lights and such. But its your choice whether you want to take the 1.5 hour drive to daytona. I can also look for stuff in your area.
I never liked the taillights they had for Blazers there. Man, It's been a while since I've been to the Daytona Flea Market...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995
Good idea. Like I said, just find out if it's okay in your area to exclude rear fogs, and have red turn signals.
Funny thing is, some NA owners want the tail lights you have. If you don't want the old tails, post them up on ebay, and here!
First to go on my Blazer were the 4 bulb tails. Orange did not go with my blacked out look.

scottish blazer, I've also removed the stock orange turn signals on the fenders & replaced with those from an Audi/Golf. Needed a dremel to make them fit.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 PM

thanks for the feedback guys i appreciate it ,great idea kiwi with the bumper blinkers and matt92 if you can point me in the right direction as to where this suv parts place is near kissimee that would be great ,whats craiglist by the way?

Quick Reply: blazer tail lights