Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Body mount bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default Body mount bushings

Well, I ordered the cab mount that rusted on the jimmy, from LMC truck, with that coming, I was looking at my body bushings, all of them are good but 4.. the bushings for the cab mounts... Is there a place where I can just by them singly, all I have pretty much found is the whole body mount bushing kit, and I am not spending 200+ when I only need 4.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by richphotos
Well, I ordered the cab mount that rusted on the jimmy, from LMC truck, with that coming, I was looking at my body bushings, all of them are good but 4.. the bushings for the cab mounts... Is there a place where I can just by them singly, all I have pretty much found is the whole body mount bushing kit, and I am not spending 200+ when I only need 4.
I would say the junkyard or maybe a Chevy dealership might sell individual. All I've seen is the whole kit as well. Cheapest kits being on eBay.

eBay

Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

I believe rockauto has them

Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I was un able to find them on rock auto, maybe i looked in the wrong place?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Did you look in body-exterior? I may have been looking at the wrong part, but check it out lol. I would post a link but its a PITA on the mobile lol.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah. I checked body exterior. I even searched body bushings, and it brought me to body exterior but I did not find it, I will search again, Maybe I overlooked it. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 AM

Just a thought, have you tried to contact energy suspension or another maker to see if they can ship you indivual bushings? Or tell you a dealer who can?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Got my poly kit off ebay for way under $200. I'd have to look but I think they were $80 shipped.

If I didn't put poly on anything else I would change the body mounts on something I planned on keeping. Imho rubber is the worse material for it besides solid but even that has its app. Poly didn't change the feel in my 4x4 or my 2wd and doesn't dryrot or break down in 10-15 years. Swap them once and be done with it.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM
BF Veteran

if I can find a poly kit for 80 shipped, I would do that, the only thing is only 4 are bad, I guess I would have extras LMAO, or do them all when not needed, Thanks for all the help

Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 50lb_cat
Just a thought, have you tried to contact energy suspension or another maker to see if they can ship you indivual bushings? Or tell you a dealer who can?
I will give this a try, thanks!

Quick Reply: Body mount bushings