Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Bravada Front end conversion (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/bravada-front-end-conversion-9395/)

drperry 08-21-2007 03:45 PM

RE: Bravada Front end conversion

You most likely will...

You can grab it from the Bravada you're snaking all the parts from, lol

swartlkk 08-21-2007 05:51 PM

Yeah, that was kinda left out... You will need the '98+ radiator core support to be able to get the headlights and grill to mount up.

TripleBlackBlazer 09-04-2007 03:52 PM

HIJACK alert!

Couple questions to go along with the Bravada swap. Not sure if it's a definite or not, but I could possibly be getting my old neighbor's Bravada front end basically for nothing. I was looking at the setup and realized that the bumper cover doesn't so much dip down in the middle for the grille as it does rise up to meet the headlights. I'd prefer not to use the Bravada bumper cover because of mismatching body lines and I was curious...
...the part that rises up, is that part of the grille assembly or the bumper?
Will a GMC bumper cover work? I ask this because if I'm looking for aftermarket I would have to shop for ones that fit a GMC.

*EDIT* If he's only getting a grille, I won't be able to snag the bumper off him anyway...

Also, he said he was getting a custom grille. Does anyone know of custom grilles for the 98-01 Bravada's?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/1806A4D7971C4662B7A6C5A98E8B579E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/B49B10D0E5764C72B14CF3F9E65C76E2.jpg[/IMG]

swartlkk 09-04-2007 05:38 PM

The bumper cover extends up to under the headlights. The Bravada grill is quite flat on the bottom, while the GMC grill is slightly rounded; as shown in the pictures in the post above.

I never did attempt to install a GMC grill in place of my Bravada's.

TripleBlackBlazer 09-04-2007 10:05 PM

I really wish you had, Kyle. If I can pick up his headlight and grille assembly for free it would be worth it to see if I could just use a GMC bumper. Or if it would look silly I would just install a GMC grille instead of the Olds'. The headlights are the same from both, no?

swartlkk 09-05-2007 06:43 AM

Yeah, headlights are the same as far as mounting goes. Some have the amber section all the way across the bottom with an integrated fog light, and then there's the HID lights from the Envoy trim'd Jimmy, but yeay, they are all the same basic form/fit/function.

blznlowxtreme 09-05-2007 06:40 PM

im really not a big fan of the bravadafront end, i would change the bravada to a jimmy or a blazer if i had one