Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Cargo Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LowLife
Wow i learned something new, I thought they all had a cargo cover. What is there instead of a cargo cover?
Openess.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

So you can just see the jack , Or do they relocate it?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LowLife
So you can just see the jack , Or do they relocate it?
There is a plastic cover that goes over it. It looks just like all the other stock paneling. It just has a little pull lever to pop it off and access the jack.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

I learned somthing new too...I thought they were only offered for four-doors...I've seen multiple in the Junk Yard that I pulled out(of four-doors), but returned it because it didnt fit... and when looking online I found some on ebay, but also for Four-doors only.

as for those w/o them (aka ME) there is a plastic molded cover for the jack. Much like the ones with the cover, just smaller and more streemline (no cover duh).

I will now be hunting one down for my two-door!!!

Ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARGO...Q5fAccessories
I LOVE THIS SELLER!!! ADD them to your favorite sellers!!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
There is a plastic cover that goes over it. It looks just like all the other stock paneling. It just has a little pull lever to pop it off and access the jack.
I'd actually like to have that more. wanna trade? haha

Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

here are pictures comparing the two types.

I assume there is a slightly different version of the one w/ cargo cover for the 2-door applications.

Attached Thumbnails Cargo Cover?-jack-cover.jpg   Cargo Cover?-jack-cover-1.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Beginning Member
allangee is on a distinguished road
Default Break-In Bait

Just an additional thought...

My 2003 LS happens to have a cargo cover but I never use it. The moment you pull that thing across, potential thieves assume you have something valuable you want to keep out of sight.

You may be using it just to keep direct sunlight off something... but they don't know that.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 AM
David Hineline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allangee
Just an additional thought...

My 2003 LS happens to have a cargo cover but I never use it. The moment you pull that thing across, potential thieves assume you have something valuable you want to keep out of sight.

You may be using it just to keep direct sunlight off something... but they don't know that.
Using that logic one would just leave the windows down and the doors standing open.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Beginning Member
allangee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by David Hineline
Using that logic one would just leave the windows down and the doors standing open.
I actually know people that leave their doors unlocked to prevent vandalism. Personally, I'm not ready to take it that far. But if I had a convertible, I'd rather have unlocked doors than a slashed top, for example.

I'd have to disagree with your chain of logic too. Letting someone know there's nothing valuable in a vehicle is a lot different than leaving it wide open.

To me, using the cargo cover to hide valuable stuff is like hanging a towel over your dash so that no one can see the expensive stereo -- it just invites a closer look.

And don't get me started on alarm systems. I've yet to see anyone stop what they were doing to go check on a stranger's vehicle alarm sounding off.

Keep valuables out of sight, and your immobilizer engaged.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

The alarm may not make bystanders walk over to take a look, but I (and most others) always look around to see where its coming from/whats happening. I've seen criminals at my community college run from an alarm going off. They work, especially when you do what one guy did to his Jeep- he hooked up red and blue lights on the dash and made the alarm sound like a police siren. Would be criminal ran off faster than Barry Sanders has EVER moved. Probably an illegal alarm system granted, but it worked.

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover?