Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

HID bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HID bulbs

how can you tell if they need to be replaced? and if they need to be replaced what would be some good ones/a good place to buy them? and lastly, does anyone know anythin about those bulbs that are different colors (blue, violet, purple, white) the whole time, im not sure if they are a good idea but i was thinkn of some blue ones,
thanks

Old 05-23-2007, 09:28 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: HID bulbs

The blue headlights are a bit unsafe...

I would go to the GM dealer and get a pair of new Envoy headlight bulbs (9005s) and put them in place of the existing high beams. Envoy headlights are HID.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Euro is correct, those lights are not only unsafe but annoying as hell. I would do just as he said and get Envoy heads, I have them in my truck right now.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM

ah i see, i thought they looked cool haha oh well, as for replacing them, how can u tell if they need to be replaced?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well when they either light up half the road or none! That means that either one or both are no longer working! You generally only need to replace them if they go out.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:29 PM

i feel dumb haha its cuz i heard something like they do something different than other lights when they go out but oh well haha thanks

Old 05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Well if your Blazer is nearing ten years of age, you can go ahead and replace them... You can expect them to go out at any time if you have done a lot of night driving.

What I did was the right headlight went out in my dad's little Sonoma work truck and I replaced it with my bulbs and got me some brilliant white bulbs, Then I got me some projectors (poor planning) and had to do away with the low beams, so now my moms envoy has the blilliant white low beams. Thankfully I bought Raybrigs for my high beams and Sylvania for my lows, cuzI'd have been sick if I had to give up the Raybrigs!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 AM

ah i see my truck is a 99 envoy so i think ill wait till next yr to replace them, do u guys know anything about headlight alinging? my dad just came into town and i usually clean my truck out perfectly and fix everything i notice when he comes, but, like always, he found somehting else haha so he thinks the headlights arent pointed where they are supposed to

Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

HID's are basically flourescent lights... After awhile their color starts shifting and they get a little dimmer... But still output more light than halogen... I wouldn't worry over much, until a bulb burns out...

As for the higher color temperature (blue, purple, and all that crap) with a proper projector in place (A real HID setup, not just sticking HID bulbs in a halogen setup) it's a lot safer, but, with the higher color temperatures (stock should be 4300k or so) you get a little less light output...

For me, I've noticed that with a 6000k bulb, I can see farther in the fog than with a 4300k bulb, but on a pitch black road, the 4300 will definitely have more light shining.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:13 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sticking HID bulbs in without proper projectors is very stupid, unsafe, annoying, and you will blind other drivers.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: HID bulbs