Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

custom flarets ZR2 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 01:11 PM
Beginning Member
sportstrainer67 will become famous soon enough
Default custom flarets ZR2 Blazer

Hey there blazer forum, Its been awhile since I have been here, Been little crazy lately. Anyways, just a little update on my ZR2 Blazer build. I recently customized the flarets on my Blazer. Wanted to something different and I think it looks cool. Let me know what ya think. I am also getting ready for new leafs in the back, and this should take care of the drivetrain. Next will be the transmission shift kit. If anyone has followed my build you'll see all the stuff that has been done. Check it out if you haven't already. Look for ZR2 on 32's. As things get done I will post more pics and hopefully some off road pics. Any questions let me know. Chat later my Fellow Blazer people..

Old 02-13-2023, 10:10 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Sharp looking truck! I like what you did with the flares.

Old 02-13-2023, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I cracked one of my flarettes first time off road with less than 500 miles on my Blazer. I lost the other one when crossing a creek that had about an inch of ice on it about a year or two later. Needless to say, I bought my Blazer knowing it wasn't got to stay pretty looking for long. Bought it brand new in Oct 2000 and still using it for the original reason I bought it. Even have the redneck pin stripes from headlights to taillights.

Best I can tell, looks like you shortend yours up a bit? I recall mine being longer, but it has been more than a few years. Looks great, though!

Old 02-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
I cracked one of my flarettes first time off road with less than 500 miles on my Blazer. I lost the other one when crossing a creek that had about an inch of ice on it about a year or two later. Needless to say, I bought my Blazer knowing it wasn't got to stay pretty looking for long. Bought it brand new in Oct 2000 and still using it for the original reason I bought it. Even have the redneck pin stripes from headlights to taillights.

Best I can tell, looks like you shortend yours up a bit? I recall mine being longer, but it has been more than a few years. Looks great, though!
i did shorten them up a tad. With the bigger tires i took the flaretts off, had one that was broken as well. Then had a crazy idea to buy a set of new ones and chop them up. Different and subtle. Not many will notice but its the little mods that keep things cool. Not sure on how long they will last only time will tell.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:33 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Sharp looking truck! I like what you did with the flares.
Thanks, it was just one of those random things that pop into your head that make you go "i can do this" little details not many will notice but those who do will be like whoa! Definitely has changed in 11yrs.. Little, pittiful and just needed some tlc.

11yrs ago