Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Needing a roofrack

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road
Default Needing a roofrack

Since I have gotten my blazer, I haven't done anything to it yet except wash it and clean the inside millions of times. I have a lot of ideas for it, but I just don't have the money. Something I want is a roof rack for it, something that can hold my spare tire, some luggage, etc. I think they are a sweet edition to a blazer, and I could also hook up some KC lights eventually.

Where can I find a cheap roof rack to fit these needs? I've looked on some sites, but most have only jeep roof racks. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Just google it! Most racks are universal. I have a Surco 4560 on mine. I think it was somewhere around $250 or so I don't remember for sure as it was an xmas gift.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Just google it! Most racks are universal. I have a Surco 4560 on mine. I think it was somewhere around $250 or so I don't remember for sure as it was an xmas gift.
Ok, if I am to order one, how will it be shipped? Right to my house or will I have to go and pick it up?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

They will most likely send it to your house... some assembly is required lol

Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Look on amazon, thats where i got mine. i think it was 100$ and then 40$ for the 2 foot extension.

Here: Black Widow Roof Rack

Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Look on amazon, thats where i got mine. i think it was 100$ and then 40$ for the 2 foot extension.

Here: Black Widow Roof Rack
Awesome m8, you really saved me on that one! Was about to buy a 300$ one!

Also, where did you get your safari bar? If it even is a safari bar

Edit: Just saw it's a bull bar. Where'd ya get it?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Your welcome any time man!

And its a Hunter bull bar, and i got it right here

If your truck is a 99 you wont have to do any of the fab work i did. just FYI

Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Your welcome any time man!

And its a Hunter bull bar, and i got it right here

If your truck is a 99 you wont have to do any of the fab work i did. just FYI
Jesus man, you are saving me a lot of money. Thank you so much!

How do I go about throwing this on? I've already ordered the roof basket, so that should be pretty self explanitory, but this bull bar, will it fit my 99 LS 4dr?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Wow Cherry, all the roof racks that I have seen were upwards of $250 to $300! At $100 for the standard rack, that is a pretty good deal! One question though. You got the rack and the extension, but did you also get the wind deflector?

Old 03-22-2012, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by 99Legendary
Jesus man, you are saving me a lot of money. Thank you so much!

How do I go about throwing this on? I've already ordered the roof basket, so that should be pretty self explanitory, but this bull bar, will it fit my 99 LS 4dr?
Yep it will bolt right up to your frame. There it a perch that connects your front body mounts (right in front of the tires) to the frame, and on the back tab there are two holes that the bolts for the bull bar go through. The problem with the pre 98's is that the tabs or perch that hold on the body mounts were a little smaller than the 98+ and didnt have the holes drilled in them.

Originally Posted by tibby
Wow Cherry, all the roof racks that I have seen were upwards of $250 to $300! At $100 for the standard rack, that is a pretty good deal! One question though. You got the rack and the extension, but did you also get the wind deflector?
No i didnt get the wind deflector, im just going to mount my lights to it so i didnt want it, and also it doesnt make any noise when im driving down the road and i think thats the whole purpose behind it lol. Oh and also just for your reference or anyone looking, the pictures i have of the rack on my truck is the rack with no extension.

Quick Reply: Needing a roofrack