Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   finally got a push bar (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/finally-got-push-bar-28474/)

jimjohnson 03-10-2009 04:22 PM

finally got a push bar

5 Attachment(s)
I finally got a pushbar and was planning on taking picks of the instal but it was so easy i was done before i thought to pick up the camera.

I was a basic install and can be done quickly out in the drive way, which is where i did mine.

all you have to do it pop out your lights and pop off your grill which takes no tools at all or a flat head screw driver if some of your clips are giving you a hard time.
then you will remove your bumper bolts to put in the mounting brackets then put your bolts back in but only tight enough to keep everything in place (you will need to make sure your pushbar is sitting where you want it before you tighten everything down)

I would like to say that the top mounting brackets come with a spacer and are supposed to curve down for mounting per instructions, well in order to do so i would have had to cut on my grill which i prefered not too. so to fix this i took out the spacer and put a washer in its place and fliped the bracket over. in doing so the bracket comes out smooth against my bumper and my grill slid nicely on top without having to cut it. i took a few picks after the install i hope you can tell what im talking about.

mount the lower portion of the push bar to the brackets and line it up so you can tighten the top mounting brackets to the bumper. let the push bar lay forward and slide the grill and head lights in before actually attaching the upper brackets to the bar. then just situate the push bar where you want it and start tighting up bolts.

the only problem i have (and its minor) is that even tho i put the bar as far to the right side of the truck as i could it doesnt seem quite centered, but im pretty sure i only noticed cause im the one that put it on. just wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

the push bar is from truck gear direct.

swartlkk 03-10-2009 07:11 PM

Looks good!

Logan 03-10-2009 07:24 PM

Mine bolted up to the towhooks. Didnt have any alignment issues...untill I bent it off roading...

volfan4 03-10-2009 08:56 PM

hey..thanks for posting those pics..I was wondering what was different with the 98+ frame mounts, 95-97 blazers don't have those holes in the front body mounts, shouldn't be hard to drill. I want a Bull bar and they only make them for 98+.

FlatTopFoley 03-10-2009 09:12 PM

looks very nice, good work. Fine looking blazer you got there.

jimjohnson 03-10-2009 10:01 PM

thanks, and yeah the top mounts should be easily fabbed up if you would have too

FoxTrota 03-28-2009 10:27 PM

Where'd you get this grille guard?

Xander2002 04-01-2009 04:26 PM

looks real good just wondering how much you paid for it? and is it real heavy like does it kind of weighs the front down?

Alabama Blazer 05-03-2009 05:54 PM

yeah where did u get it cause im lookin for one exactly like that