Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Give me your thoughts about this paint scheme!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Basshead4lyfe is on a distinguished road
Default Give me your thoughts about this paint scheme!

After I finish my engine swap in my 94 blaze im gonna finish shaving my handles, antenna, tailgate, cowl, roof rack, gas door, and frenching my caddy lights geez thats alot of work ahead of me. Back on topic what do you guys think about doing a flat black paint with glossy flames and a graphic in the flames. The flames and graphic im thinking will be airbrushed with ghost, and skulls in it. The base of the flames will be done in a dark green color and as you know the graphics and airbrush work will be inside of the flames. What do you think?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:19 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm not a fan of flames on vehicles...air brushed or not. And I definitely wouldn't be one to put a graphic of a ghost or skull or anything on my truck. Personally I would leave it flat black. I much prefer the clean look.
Buuuut that's just my style. I'm not a fan of paint jobs like you describe, but it's your truck so you should do what you want to with it. There is a Blazer on the forum a little while ago that joined. I haven't seen him post, but he had a similar paint scheme like you describe. I'll see if I can find the album he posted for you.

EDIT: https://blazerforum.com/forum/members/dimagery-20331-albums-zombie-smasher-909/
There is is. It's by the member DIMAGERY. Extremely Fugly Blazer IMO, but to each his own.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 PM

I must say his is extremly ugly, mine will be more subtle and not as bright. The graphics, ghost, and skulls will be ghosted into the flames and the green will be way way darker than on that blaze.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Meh...still an ugly idea IMO. But don't let what I say stop you from doing it...it's your truck lol.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Alex, i had forgotton about that blazer. besides the nerf bars, i just threw up a little, again!

As for the flames man, you asked for our opinions, so that is what i'm giving. flames have no place on a blazer. wicked sound wall in the trunk or not, flames do not belong on a blazer.

That being said it is 100% forgivable IF you have and K5 (old school or 1st gen) it is raggedy and made for trails/you are a high school kid AND you did the flames yourself in an off color (blue or purple come to mind) with a brush or back duct tape outline spary job.

But your truck falls into NONE of those catergories AND sure as hell doesnt meet all three, so if I were you, i'd steer clear of the flames. IMO... plus will look stupid on your hood

Why not sink the money into an incredible paint job of a very flashy color and be done?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:30 PM

You guys do have a point there! I appreciate your honesty and it was just more of a thought than anything. Well how do you feel about doing it flat black with some oldschool pinstriping(red) or something more along those lines?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i can do pin striping. even the more flashy stripes have a nicer look to them than the flames. Flat black with a gloss/CC stripe will stand out in a crowd too. other than maybe a hot rod or two, i dont think i have ever seen that on the road. Would be an interesting route to go

i would not do the old man early 90's F-150 "country swirl" stripes though and go for something more along the lines of the ricey cars (not fast and furious crap though) does that make sense?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i can do pin striping. even the more flashy stripes have a nicer look to them than the flames. Flat black with a gloss/CC stripe will stand out in a crowd too. other than maybe a hot rod or two, i dont think i have ever seen that on the road. Would be an interesting route to go

i would not do the old man early 90's F-150 "country swirl" stripes though and go for something more along the lines of the ricey cars (not fast and furious crap though) does that make sense?
For the love of all things good, do not do those ones!! lol.
Pin striping is ok. Again, I'm a fan of the very clean look, which is why I try to stay away from decals (only BF.com ones on my truck and they're strategically placed) and any sort of decals on the paint work. That would include pin stripes. This is just my style though.
You're definitely headed in the right direction. As long as you get that flame idea out of your head then I think you'll have a pretty sweet ride on your hands.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM

Yea the flames are out of my head now, but I think I have an idea as far as the pinstripes go. I did a friends motorcycle with them and every show he goes to people fall in love with it, so I guess I will copy that design just on a bigger scale. There not the swirly ugly crap neither there straight and to the point but they do make a nice statement!

Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

PERSONALLY... I am a big fan of the camaro graphics... Hockey stripe=perfect and so do the ss stripes..... they are not too much, but the hockey stripe is perfect, subtle and subdued but still a nice touch

Quick Reply: Give me your thoughts about this paint scheme!