Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Help!! Help!! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 AM
BodiedBlazer13 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! Help!! Help!!

I am searching for a right-hand drive dash that I can either custom fabricate or bolt right into my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Im trying to find someone that will ship one to me from Australia or England or wherever they have stock rhd dashes. Can anyone help me out?? Send me an email if so, thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

If you can afford the shipping from New Zealand then they are available here.

Mostly they get trashed. If a truck is wrecked to the extent of needing a new dash it'll be written off.

I only know of one firm here that buys wrecks & strips for parts.

When they do, they swivel the dash down to get to the heater & passenger airbag. I think thats all they take from behind the dash.

Obviously, they remove & sell the 4x4 switch, vents etc which are particular to RHD trucks so that will be needed to be ordered as well.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are in for a lot more work than swapping parts. The firewall is different on the RHD models!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks Swartlkk for the warning but we've already went through the monster task of completing all of the fabricating to the firewall and relocating everything under the hood. Since we're bagging and bodydropping it we had to cut out and tub the firewall already so luckily we didnt have to go too far out of our way to get it done. So all i need is the dash and I'm good to go!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good then. Just didn't want you to get the dash then find out that you had to mess with the firewall, the steering rack, etc.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Unhappy

Thanks Swartlkk, I appreciate it. Can you help me at all with getting a right-hand drive blazer dash?? Is there any way someone could buy a dash from their country where the Blazers come stock RHD and then ship it to me?? Or put it on ebay where I could then purchase it??

Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 AM
BF Veteran

I've replied to your e-mail Ryan.

Hope you get some assistance from these guys. I did wonder about the firewall. I've had requests before about shipping out the front clip for guys in the States. Very expensive & I don't believe anyone took up the offer!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Administrator

No RHD models anywhere close to me. Ken should be able to hook you up though.

Do you have any pictures of the work you've done?

Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran

This may be a stupid question but. . . . If I recall, the US Postal service uses RHD trucks for mail deliveries. Mostly Jeeps . . again I think. Any Blazers used for this purpose?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 AM

No, no blazers used for mail delivery here. and the mail trucks dont have much of a dash in them.

Also, Swartlkk....who is Ken??