Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I want to debadge my '95 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT 4x4 4-doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road
Default I want to debadge my '95 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT 4x4 4-doors

I want to debadge my 1995 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT 4x4 4-doors. I wonder which I could take off. Here are the pictures of my Blazer. I am going all black out on the Blazer.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
ak.blazin is on a distinguished road

I did this with my 98 LS 4 door, it was relatively simple albeit time consuming.

Used a heat gun to loosen up the foam sticky material underneath of the rear badges and all the side trim, then used fishing line and pulled the trim off.

Left a ton of the sticky gunk that they use to adhere it to the car however. That I took care of with almost a whole bottle of goo gone and a credit card and my thumb nail.

The trim on the back side bumpers will have three holes in it I believe, haven't gotten to it on mine because I don't have the time right now to take the bumpers off and fill the holes.

It took about 3 hours total for the trim on all the doors and removing the badges on the back.

Do be careful removing the door ones though, mine had some dirt that got under the adhesion material and it made a 2" x 1" oblong chip in the paint come off.. not sure if it was anything that could have been prevented though so just a warning.

That was the only problem I had doing the whole car though

Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ak.blazin
I did this with my 98 LS 4 door, it was relatively simple albeit time consuming.

Used a heat gun to loosen up the foam sticky material underneath of the rear badges and all the side trim, then used fishing line and pulled the trim off.

Left a ton of the sticky gunk that they use to adhere it to the car however. That I took care of with almost a whole bottle of goo gone and a credit card and my thumb nail.

The trim on the back side bumpers will have three holes in it I believe, haven't gotten to it on mine because I don't have the time right now to take the bumpers off and fill the holes.

It took about 3 hours total for the trim on all the doors and removing the badges on the back.

Do be careful removing the door ones though, mine had some dirt that got under the adhesion material and it made a 2" x 1" oblong chip in the paint come off.. not sure if it was anything that could have been prevented though so just a warning.

That was the only problem I had doing the whole car though
Thanks for the reply. I will try to do it hopefully next weekend. Have to go out of town tomorrow for the weekend. Did you do anything about the trim on the front bumper.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23
Thanks for the reply. I will try to do it hopefully next weekend. Have to go out of town tomorrow for the weekend. Did you do anything about the trim on the front bumper.
Nah, I think the best bet for the front bumper would be to get a street scene one or an Xtreme bumper.

I read somewhere and have seen the people that cut and trimmed the valance off, when some people do that, they can take off the trim. Otherwise I think it's important to the front bumper structurally.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ak.blazin
Nah, I think the best bet for the front bumper would be to get a street scene one or an Xtreme bumper.

I read somewhere and have seen the people that cut and trimmed the valance off, when some people do that, they can take off the trim. Otherwise I think it's important to the front bumper structurally.

My valnce was broke so Icut it so there was only a plate holder. As for the bumper, I roughed it up with 220 sandpaper and painted it and the front grill black, looks sharp

https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...t-grill-21426/

Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by newguy
My valnce was broke so Icut it so there was only a plate holder. As for the bumper, I roughed it up with 220 sandpaper and painted it and the front grill black, looks sharp

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - newguy's Album: Garage - greenhornet - Picture

Ooo I kinda like the black instead of the chrome for the bumper, but I don't think I could cut off my valance as I'm not too sure how it would look on my lowered one, especially with the giant silver skid plate right in the front haha

I guess you did paint yours black also huh?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Starting Member

The trim on the back that have 3 holes in it. I was think about pulling it off and put lights (square trailer lights lens) on there to cover the holes? If do which color light I use amber or red?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
tplush is on a distinguished road

The trim on the back that have 3 holes in it. I was think about pulling it off and put lights (square trailer lights lens) on there to cover the holes? If do which color light I use amber or red?
if your gonna do that why not just buy a led tailgate light bar to cover the holes?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tplush
if your gonna do that why not just buy a led tailgate light bar to cover the holes?
I am talking about the trim on the side by the driver's and passenger's back side doors. I am getting a tailgate light bar for the back.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member

Wouldn't it make sense to do the same color as the other brake lights?

Quick Reply: I want to debadge my '95 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT 4x4 4-doors