Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   I went looking for an airbox.....but found seats (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/i-went-looking-airbox-but-found-seats-95234/)

don james 08-30-2017 04:30 PM

I went looking for an airbox.....but found seats

I went to our new car boneyard.......and had a great time today......for me it's like going to a candy factory......

I found a lot of blazers and a lot of parts.......I found an air box and a set of leather seats in great shape, both all power.......$75 drivers $65 pass.......seems like a heck of a deal to me.....???....I think I'll pick them up in a couple of days....maybe he'll throw in the airbox.....

My interior is grey, the seats are tan, I have tan mats and they look good with the grey .....[I'm just not that picky].........The man said that he would take my seats.....for nothing :icon_wink:......so i guess I'll keep them for a while...........

so I have one question.......the drivers seat is supposed to be wired for power.....

Is the wiring there for pass. side also???

I'll post picks when i get the seats.....

El_Beautor 08-31-2017 12:15 PM

The power plug for both front seats should just be tucked under the carpet if your truck is not factory equipped with power seats. They all come with the wiring, even if the factory option is manual seats.

don james 08-31-2017 01:54 PM

I got the seats and I see that they are heated and have 2 presets.......I think I see two plugs on each seat......I'll get them all cleaned and lubed and set them in tomorrow.....

don james 08-31-2017 09:43 PM

Got drivers side seat in, I found only one plug....I guessed, for the seat belt??....no motors under there......so i looked all over and under for another plug............nothing......then i noticed that my plug was a 6 prong plug........well guess what .........plug and play!!!

tilt up down back forward lumbar and two presets.......it all works.......I did not try the heat.....I'll wait for a chilly morning.....they are coming soon.....

I did NOT have a torx for the one back bolt..........I finally discovered that the end [that goes into the tool] of the quick connect on my little electric impact will tightly fit that torx .......i found a socket to slip over the 3/8 square and there ya go .......;-)

Broncos are doing great......that Sloter kid is going to complicate the quarterback pick, it looks like.........

Niblick 11-02-2017 11:57 AM

custom Leather seats

Don, How are the seats? I have a 1975 Blazer that we bought seats out of an Avalanche. I am now having space issues between seat and steering wheel.
Put the seats in with out the riser. Makes you feel like a 10yo driving. did your seats work with the factory risers? seems the factory units are going to put the seat into the steering wheel.
any thoughts? We rewired the whole vehicle to accommodate power windows locks seats etc.

don james 11-02-2017 04:37 PM

The seats that i bought came out of the same year blazer........just different color...everything matched up and seats work great.......almost as comfy as my ltz seats.....